How to Keep Breakpoints?

I've just started playing around with DAZ Scripting, thanks to all the excellent tips out here and samples on the DAZ website.  But one thing is really annoying me.... I have to keep re-setting the breakpoints in the debugger.  Isn't there anyway to keep them around?  Even if it's just in the current session?

Comments

• There's been a lot of work on the IDE in the change log, and the entry for 4.11.0.154 does show enabling debug Points (which I'm guessing a re break points) to be accessed via script.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_11_0_154

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited June 2018

Some interesting stuff there. But I'm not seeing what you mentioned.  This is all I see in .154 that mention debug points.

• Extended DzScene SDK API; added overrides for setDebugPoints(), setDebugLines()

• Added ability to set time ranges on debug points/lines

• Scene clear now removes debug points/lines

This is what I'm talking about - I load a script, enter debugger, set breakpoint, test script, oops that didn't work right, interrupt script and go back to  to change code (since you can't do it in the debugger), go back into debugger, set break points all over again, test script.... repeat ad nauseum.  The crossed out part is what I don't think should be happening. 

I just expanded out the debugger window and noticed the Breakpoints section shows quite clearly where my breakpoint was.  I edited some code, went back into the debugger.  My breakpoint is still there but it's not marked on the code section with a red dot on line 106.  When I set the breakpoint again, there is now a duplicate breakpoint.  This actually sounds like more a bug, although writing a debugger probably isn't their primary focus.  Is it worth a bug report?

IDE Debugger After 1st run.jpg
    1274 x 374 - 129K
    IDE Debugger After 2nd run.jpg
    1133 x 328 - 112K
    Post edited by sandmanmax on

And how am I supposed to get out the debugger and back to the editor?  I click ctrl-f5, click on the button labeled Interrupt Script,but I can't figure the "right" way to get back to editor.  I end up pressing F5, which just runs (or crashes) the script.

• Yes, I would report that - if nothing else, it may get you an explanation.

• In the interests of not further muddying the waters I'm just going to quote Rob here.

The debug points/lines mentioned in the change log relate specifically to geometry and viewport drawing (for the purpose of debugging geometry operations) not the Script IDE debugger. The Script IDE debugger widgets are a "black box" (they are exposed, via QScriptEngineDebugger, as non-specific QWidget pointers instead of discrete QWidget subclass pointers - http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qscriptenginedebugger.html) and are provided by Qt (http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qtscriptdebugger-manual.html).

Bummer - that sounds like the default Microsoft color picker and file dialog. You get only what they put into it.  But I'll read the docs and maybe it will make more sense.  Thanks, Richard.