Frustration and aggrivetion, or G1 and carrara.

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited July 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I am trying to do something simple. Put V4's body suit on G1 and turn it in to one piece swim suit.

So lets start with the issue I have with everything I try to run trough autofit, backs out. Doesn't matter what clothes or what choice I make the characters back is always out; poke through. See picture 1.
Picture 1 also shows an on going issue I have with carrara and the alpha channel. The odd dappling of the arms is is caused by this issue. I have never been able to use the eyebrows right with the Mil3 figures for the same reason. The alpha may be set to 0% but I still get shadows from the supposedly transparent item. Trying to do this in the transparency channel is a no go. Setting transparency to 100% just makes the item glow; picture 2. This also shows how much of the character is actually in contact with or poking through. And yes, that is the loose fit on the body suit. So far I have seen no difference in the loose or tight fit, they are identical; picture 3.

So after 3 hours I give up, the errors have won. I simply can not use the body suit for this. The thing is, this has gotten to be normal when using genesis, and carrara. Several hours of trying to make something work, only to give up and go back to V4 or M4. But that doesn't solve the issues with carrara and the alpha channel. I avoid using the alpha channel as much as possible when working with figures. It seems ok with hair, but not clothes. I got the body hair item for M4 and have never been able to use it.

loti.jpg
729 x 477 - 77K
glowtrans.jpg
640 x 480 - 18K
bacout.jpg
640 x 480 - 17K
Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just for contrast here is the back with no body suit.

nsut.jpg
    640 x 480 - 14K
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry but I made it work.

Genesis Basic Female.
    V4 unified Bodysuit
    Autofit as tight bodysuit.

I do have the latest of Carrara and Studio.
    Also the latest of the native content for both.
    The template for autofit V4-genesis, does come with the Studio native content.

Untitled-2.jpg
    800 x 464 - 63K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    I'm sorry but I made it work.

Genesis Basic Female.
    V4 unified Bodysuit
    Autofit as tight bodysuit.

I do have the latest of Carrara and Studio.
    Also the latest of the native content for both.
    The template for autofit V4-genesis, does come with the Studio native content.

takes care of that :-)

edited July 2013

bigh said:

takes care of that :-)

Not even.

All my apps and items are up to date considering I just downloaded them this week to this comp. Had the same issues on my other comp. This is on going and the alpha issue has been on going since I started using the mil3 figures.

Picture 1 shows the V4 unimesh body suit with loose fit selected. Picture 2 is after I have set the "general volume " up to 50%. Looks good right? See picture 3, wrong. Note: most clothes don't have a general volume slider, so even though this appears to work on the body suit, it certainly wont work on anything else.{examples to come}

This also in no way fixes the alpha issue. Which weirdly effects the arms worse the the rest of the body.

pic3.jpg
    640 x 480 - 15K
    pic2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 10K
    pic1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 11K
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Do you have this pack.
    http://www.daz3d.com/women/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

I'm only guessing here...

I'm not sure about the alpha issue, never been a problem for me. one thing I have seen is when two meshes are overlapping, it can happen.

edited July 2013

Yes the alpha issue has everything to do with mesh proximity. That is why mil3 eyebrows are about useless. Of coarse DAZ fixed that by dropping the use of the eyebrow mesh in mil4 so now if you want different eyebrows on your figures you actually have to repaint the texture in a photo editor or paint app.

Isn't it fun how DAZ fixes issues with features by dropping the feature. :long:

Edit to add:
    I thought I did but apparently I don't have the mil4 morphs; I'll have to double check my products list. None the less I shouldn't need them because the mil4 figures are a selection in autofit.

edited December 1969

Well it has become quite apparent I will have to give up on using genesis in carrara till autofit gets an update.

gvup.jpg
    640 x 480 - 16K