Difference between Girl base and Girl iconic for Genesis

RebeccaSanRebeccaSan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a quick question for anyone that might be able to help me here:

I recently bought the Gen4 Iconic shapes (less than 24 hours before it went half-price arrrgh!!) and now I see that the Girl4 Base is on sale.

Is there any reason to buy her base as a stand-alone, or should I just stick with the Genesis shape? I personally don't see enough reason to justify having two versions of her, but as a newbie, I may not see all that there is.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks and Regards,

Brian

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

Contact sales support and request a refund on the price difference.

The Girl Base is a morph for Victoria 4, you don't need it for Genesis, so if you are mainly using Genesis now then theres no real need for it.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    edited June 2012

If you don't have the pre-Genesis V4 base then Girl4 won't work. I don't remember if V4 base is free or not.

If you want to use Poser you need both V4 & G4.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Moved to The Commons because it is a query, not a commercial product for sale.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

brianka said:
    I have a quick question for anyone that might be able to help me here:

I recently bought the Gen4 Iconic shapes (less than 24 hours before it went half-price arrrgh!!) and now I see that the Girl4 Base is on sale.

Is there any reason to buy her base as a stand-alone, or should I just stick with the Genesis shape? I personally don't see enough reason to justify having two versions of her, but as a newbie, I may not see all that there is.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks and Regards,

Brian

I feel weird asking this, but the store says you joined in 2003, did you join then, shrug, and then decide to look into it again?

Girl 4 has a bunch of different characters (morphs), which can be translated into Genesis shapes, with the Gen X utility.
    If you have the Iconic Shapes, which you do; and you have the original base figure, which is G4 in your question.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x/
    And there's a Generation 3 addon, if you decide to expand into those characters.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genx-addon-gen3-bundle/

So, I'd look at those characters and see if they're anything you want.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people/?cat=1071&compat_figures=40&dir=desc&limit=60&order=activated
    (Scattered in there, with the compatible hair and outfits and textures and misc.)
    Like this toon-ish character.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/boopsie-g4/

Oh, and the V4.2 base is on sale, too.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-4-2-base/

You might get more mileage by getting the base figures in bundles. Most of those clothes will Auto-fit into Genesis, with great to good results.
    (I don't think they've fixed the import of the older-Gen shoes, yet, though).

If it's something you want to put off, until you are more settled in, then those should be on sale again, every few months.

The Gen4 characters' skin textures can be used in Genesis, too.

At least I think G4 skins can. (Using the V4 UV's?). (Question to the room).
    Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

Yes, any Girl4 (or A4, or SheFreak4, or Stephanie4) characters use the same V4 UVMap.

• RebeccaSanRebeccaSan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

I feel weird asking this, but the store says you joined in 2003, did you join then, shrug, and then decide to look into it again?

T Jaiman, I did join back in 2003, but life and several computer crashes got between me and my 3D.

I got back into things recently when DAZ Studio 4 Pro was offered for free, so I'm trying to dig up the old files from long ago and I'm getting the latest characters when I can afford them.

DS has changed quite a bit through the years, so it looks like I've got some things to learn, but it also seems things are much easier with the new Genesis.

Here's looking forward to some happy rendering

Brian

• LandisFieldsLandisFields Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi! I just bought girl 4 base and I cant figure out how to use it with the latest daz (4). Does it not work. Confused here, Im not sure what Im supposed to have to get this to work dependencies wise. Im a maya user, totally new to daz. I basically just need an obj from it. It was only 14 bucks but it would kinda suck if I cant use it. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

Hi! I just bought girl 4 base and I cant figure out how to use it with the latest daz (4). Does it not work. Confused here, Im not sure what Im supposed to have to get this to work dependencies wise. Im a maya user, totally new to daz. I basically just need an obj from it. It was only 14 bucks but it would kinda suck if I cant use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have Victoria 4? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-4-2-base/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Girl 4 is a morph of V4, so once installed you should find it in the same location as your other V4 morphs, adnd inject the morph in the same way as you inject V4 morphs.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

If you don't have V4 and don't wish to buy her Daz have a 30 days money back guarantee.