Request for Sickleyield, Science Fiction Restraints for Genesis 8

billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
edited July 2018 in Product Suggestions

I see that you have updated both Shackled! and Tied Up! with updates for Genesis 8.  Hoping that Sci Fi Restraints will get a similar update.

Here is the G3 set for those who don't know what it is:  https://www.daz3d.com/science-fiction-restraints-iray

Thanks in Advance

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

With this free pose converter G3 poses work perfectly on G9 and then you can just adjust the restraints as needed https://www.deviantart.com/agentunawares/art/G3F-to-G8F-World-s-Greatest-Pose-Converter-709591348

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited July 2018

With this free pose converter G3 poses work perfectly on G9 and then you can just adjust the restraints as needed https://www.deviantart.com/agentunawares/art/G3F-to-G8F-World-s-Greatest-Pose-Converter-709591348

I already have Zevo's Pose Converter and reparenting all of the props is a little more involved than that.  Trust me, I have been doing it on a case by case basis and was also trying to do the Shackeled and Tied up for G3 on G8 with only limited success.  So glad Sickleyield made G8 versions of those.  Hope she does the Sci Fi Restraints too.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

Adjusting the props takes a bit, which is why I thought it was worth selling the adaptations to begin with.

The problem with the sci fi restraints is that they performed badly compared to some comparable G3 sets.  Here are the 72 hour numbers:

Tied Up G3: 328 copies

Shackled G3: 212 copies

Knocked Out G3: 224 copies

Sci Fi Restraints G3: 171 copies

Over time the gap opens up between it and the others, with the rope and chain sets now over 1000 copies and the other two not, but Knocked Out still well ahead of the SF restraints.  So it's possible I'll do it, because it did pay for my time on it, but Knocked Out is a priority.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I own them all. Great sets.

• Adjusting the props takes a bit, which is why I thought it was worth selling the adaptations to begin with.

The problem with the sci fi restraints is that they performed badly compared to some comparable G3 sets.  Here are the 72 hour numbers:

Tied Up G3: 328 copies

Shackled G3: 212 copies

Knocked Out G3: 224 copies

Sci Fi Restraints G3: 171 copies

Over time the gap opens up between it and the others, with the rope and chain sets now over 1000 copies and the other two not, but Knocked Out still well ahead of the SF restraints.  So it's possible I'll do it, because it did pay for my time on it, but Knocked Out is a priority.

Hopefuylly you will get to the Sci Fi set sometime soon but I am waiting for Knocked out too so whichever one gets done first, I will buy.  yes heart

• Was the Knocked Out thingy the one with all the someone-got-hit-by-a-tranquiliser-dart poses?  I grabbed that one because I needed a crumpled-to-the-floor pose for a comicbook narrative.

Was the Knocked Out thingy the one with all the someone-got-hit-by-a-tranquiliser-dart poses?  I grabbed that one because I needed a crumpled-to-the-floor pose for a comicbook narrative.

Yep! And Daz has now accepted the G8 version for testing. SF Restraints G8 is submitted (lots more renders than last time); we'll see what they say.
  • JDK8012JDK8012 Posts: 41

You do great work. I know when time and demand allows, you coverall the bases.

Stay healthy! And we miss you at ShareCG! :)

• THANK YOU SickleYield.  Insta-buy this morning.  Still waiting for Knocked Out.  Hopefully it will be out soon.

Knocked Out Genesis 8 is in the store this morning!

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-knocked-out-poses-and-props-for-genesis-8

It's certainly doing a lot better than the Restraints set (just like last time, lol). Thank you to everyone who has already bought it, and I hope you have fun rendering with it!

• Just bought the Knocked Out set this morning and got ALL the freebies they ahd with it.  Filled a few holes.  Thanks again SickleYield