Installing Products from Bryce 5 and 6 to use in ver7

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have some products I purchased long ago such as 100 WS Bryce Skies, Bryce Terrain Sampler, Bryce Caverns, Realistic Leaves for Bryce andB6 Bonus Pak and B5.5 content kit volume 1...How and where can I install these to use in Bryce 7? I also have Master series cloud city and great hall. I have installed through DIM and when I open Bryce I cannot find the products...are they not forward compatible?

I also bought the Bryce Mentoring DVD and altho I can acess the tutorials I do not know how to get to the supporting files and load them.

Help please and thanx :)

Kharma

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

All Bryce Products are forward compatible.

Modern Bryce products are not always backward compatible though.

I have never used D\im to install content. I prefer to do it myself, the old fashioned way.

Horo has a PDF that shows you where things should be installed. I will see if I can find a link to it for you

Edit OK here is a link to it http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,255
    edited July 2013

Get this document BryceContent_v4.pdf. it explains what you are asking. If questions remain, just ask. Even though the doc was made for Bryce 7.1, it applies for previous versions of Bryce as well, except the Sky Library was different before Bryce 6.1. All the stuff you've got for Bryce 5 will nicely work in Bryce 7.1.

EDIT: Pam, you beat my by 3 minutes - the time I needed to get the link ;)

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

I obviously found it quicker than you lol I used forum search as well to find a thread where I knew it was.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Ok thank you finally found the pdf.....will holler if I have anymore questions. Thanks for the quick answer..I had this link before but couldn't find the pdf for some reason