Things I'm Playing with ........

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Saphirewild said:

Wow Harry never looked so good!!!!

Well I wouldn't go that far ,but he does look mechanical ,thank you  Saphirewild

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

carrie58 said:

Saphirewild said:

Wow Harry never looked so good!!!!

Well I wouldn't go that far ,but he does look mechanical ,thank you  Saphirewild

Well that is what I ment by him looking so good being mechanical and all devil

edited August 2022

Still play with the textures

Cyborg Harry Hunter_D 2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Cyborg Harry Hunter_D 3.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Cyborg Harry Hunter_D 4.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited August 2022

So I've been using DraagonStorms Pose converter to convert all the Generation 4poses that are pz2's to duf's ,but it's kinda slow ,well no it's quicker than trying to save them out as duf's one at a time by myself ........it's just I can't do anything else while it's going ,I've been letting it run over night ......still have tons of poses to go .......

edited August 2022

OOhhhh my goodness was looking through the Paint by numbers on Amazon and found a painting that was obviously made with DAZ figures possible in DAZ Studio or Poser ,but what really caught my eye was the texture used on the Lost Realms mertail ........it is one of the Koi textures I made and put up on ShareCG !!! That is so cool!!!! Seeing something I made being used and for sale like that !! I put them up for free and it still is just so great it made me giggle with glee!! Proof is here

https://sharecg.com/v/42525/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Koi-textures-for-LostRealmsMertail

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z5YWFTY/?coliid=I310B26QTV0J2Q&colid=PVZY5SWUSOS8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im

and my picture

yes I played with the saturation a bit ..

A4lostrealmstail.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited August 2022

Lots of great things here Carrie! I'm doing similar with my older stuff and trying to convert it to duf. It takes a lot of time. 

Post edited by Pendraia on

Pendraia said:

Lots of great things here Carrie! I'm doing similar with my older stuff and trying to convert it to duf. It takes a lot of time. 

Yeah these converters are great but still take time .But on the plus side using the Bone Minions by RiverSoftArt means I don't have to have the converted files of each generation for each generation .......I've also started looking back at some textures I've started and not finished ......

edited September 2022

okay  here's a render with Genesis 2 pose being used on Genesis8 with Bone Minion ,Dawn ,Genesis8 w/out BoneMinion ,and Genesis3 w/out Bone Minion ........

I actually have most of the converters both paid and free but the nice thing about Bone Minions is you don't need to convert the poses and have 4 generations of duplicate pose files ,in each generation ......

G8BM Dawn G8 G3 G2pose.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited September 2022

Got the RSR.to PNG converter from Dizzi's free stuff at Renderosity ,wow that was great and saved me a ton of work recreateing pngs ,for alot of the older stuff ,there were a few it didn't work on but those will be easy to make pngs for!! it did have to run for about 8 hours though, I'm learning to let some scripts just run overnight while I'm sleeping ......this is just Genesis8 with Bone Minion, Dawn , Genesis8 without Bone Minion .......

Genesis 8 Dawn poses G2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited September 2022

Well I finally told "the girl's "about Genesis 9 ,they've been having a confab about it ever since ,and Genesis 1 is positive that just proves she is the best ......because they are just "recycling  her idea "

All the girls.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited September 2022

carrie58 said:

okay  here's a render with Genesis 2 pose being used on Genesis8 with Bone Minion ,Dawn ,Genesis8 w/out BoneMinion ,and Genesis3 w/out Bone Minion ........

I actually have most of the converters both paid and free but the nice thing about Bone Minions is you don't need to convert the poses and have 4 generations of duplicate pose files ,in each generation ......

Yay it works with Dawn!

I will check out the rsr converter...thanks for the tip!

Pendraia said:

carrie58 said:

Yay it works with Dawn!

I will check out the rsr converter...thanks for the tip!

@Pendraia Bone Minion does NOT work with Dawn !!!

But Dawn can use Genesis2 poses

edited September 2022

Good to know. I will still need it though to convert Genesis8 poses to genesis 2? Is that correct?

I would say yes ,but check and make sure the Genesis 2 poses work for you ....

edited October 2022

So tonight I pulled out SimTereno's Randomizer2 ,and had fun playing with it but I was also puzzeled as to why some full head morphs will show up in it ,and some won't ......still had fun though

this is base Genesis 8,base skin ,and a bunch of randomized morphs ..... he's kinda cute .

Randomizer play G8 male.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M

Very cool! Is this a product in the store?

Yes it is ,the artist has 2 but I prefer the 2nd one personally, they are both on sale right now

https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer

https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer2

edited October 2022

Genesis 9 was released yesterday, and I've spent most of the day and night figureing out the material settings and trying to get a look I like with 3DL . Still not totally done but getting there ,forgot to switch the hair to 3DL and it took 6 hours to render ,but that was okay cause I went to bed. I know the changes were done to make a figure compatible with industry standards ,but I'm not in the industry and just like playing ...... I do like the smile and the eyes are good to make hectocromia ........I'm hoping that we'll still get morph packs ..... anyway here is my version of G9Female 3DL

G9 female 3DL.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited October 2022

It's taken a bit but I think I've finally gotten all the parts switched to 3DL ,2 days ago I tried to render out all 4 girls together using lights from DimiensionThereoy and it hung up at 60% for 14 hours before I canceled the render , so I tried just deleting the lights up the headlamp on the camera and tried rendering that ....... nope that didn't work either still hung up at 60% ,but I canceled at 4 hours , then I broke the scene up and went over the surfaces of everything again,and well pluck a duck!! found out that 1 hair was still iRay and also the G9 eyebrows were still original materials ,fixed that and only kept 2 figures at a time in the scene ,rendered with headlight only and it rendered out in less then 5 minutes ...damn good thing too ,I've got  very short patience when rendering ......probably need to see if it's something wrong with my computer  ,but ......anyway this is 4 G9 females ........skins adjusted to 3DL .

G9Female 4 skin3DL.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited October 2022

Still working at it but I think I've now managed to get the base to load with 3DL Shaders instead of what they came with ........ also did a randomized shape that was pretty good

g9f proportions.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited October 2022

I bought the morph bundle ,and the growing up morphs ,still need Riversofts Bone Minion for G9 released ,and I'm gonna be done buying for G9 ,unless there are Mertails ,Centuars  that come out ......

Here is a randomized G9 wearing G8 clothes and hair ,textures converted to 3DL ,1 distant light ,not the greatest but makes me happy which is always good

G9 Randomized morphs.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited October 2022

well a full render this time  ,

Holiday G9 kid.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    edited October 2022

Okay now I have to say I'm hoping for a Hair converter for G9 from Riversoft and SickleYield ......but here is G9 with Growing Up morphs ,and Moshi

G9k and moshi.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M

Great renders! Love the kid ones...

Pendraia said:

Great renders! Love the kid ones...

Thank you very much

I'm still using Studio 4.15 ,and I've noticed this for a long time but it seems to me that the headlamp on the camera has gotten dimmer compared to earlier versions of DS ,for a while I thought it was just me ,but now not so much .....am I crazy ,or is that one of the changes ? I use to be able to get a quicky render I was happy with ,with just using the camera headlight ,now I have to bump it up to 2 or 3 .......and when I do add lights it just takes so long to render ......I am using 3DL  not iRay and yes I change all the material settings ......oh well have headache  now .

• How closse are you to the subject of the image? The headlamp is offset, so if you are close enough you will see only the edge of the light cone lighting your subject.

Sometimes very close ,sometimes not so much ...... thank you for popping in Richard

edited November 2022

Well here we go again more poking more adjusting ,more fiddling...... and a little randomizeing  and I've got G9 celebrateing with G9 ...

G9 celebration 10am sun light.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Coolsmiley