importing a scene into another

Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
edited July 2013 in Carrara Discussion

So my question is how can i import a scene into another.

So for example, i have a character with pose, clothes,... and want to add this figure with all content into another scene.

i can drag and drop and for examploe all the content will showed up on the right side but it won't appear on the screen than.

okay, found out, with the option import

but is there also another way for doing that?

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

If I have a character (V4 for instance) that I have textured just the way I want, and outfitted in clothes and hair, and I think I may want to re-use that character, I make a new group out of her (selecting the V4, the clothes, the hair, etc in the tree and then using ctrl G to group them) then I drag that group from the tree over to the 'my objects' tab.

After that I can then drag that character out of my objects and drop her into any scene I want. I know that's not the method you were asking about, but hopefully this will give you another (IMO better) option to accomplish the same goal.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I agree with Jonstark! The Browser is super powerful and super convenient!

Group all the items associated with that character and drag and drop it into the Objects Browser. You can also group lights and cameras with your figure! You can even create your own folder, and add it to the Browser by clicking the little black icon way over on the right of the Browser Window and choosing Add Folder.

You can save fixed or customized shaders for an entire figure by dragging the multi-colored ball at the top of the shading domain list and dropping it in a folder in your Shader Browser. Then, when you want to use it on a new figure, just drag the icon from the Shader Browser and drop it on the multi- colored ball at the top of the figure's shading domain list.

Picture_7.png
    991 x 187 - 71K
    Picture_6.png
    253 x 718 - 54K
    Picture_5.png
    1146 x 349 - 78K
  • Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot! :)

i've forgotten about groupin but i will give it a try as it was a bit strange after i was importing the figure to the scene as when i created it everything was just fine with the cloth fitting but after importing it to the scene i needed to refit all the clothes, so with the group option i hope i won't need to do this again! :)

i will keep you up when i've tryed it how it worked :)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I save my preset figures to my "scenes" tab. I have folders sorted in it for a lot of presets. I just drag and drop them in the scene then send to origin; if need be. Never had anything but really off the wall rare issues; poses, morphs, and fits have occasionally weirded out on me :lol:

Since I love to stage I have a lot of sets prestaged. Like stonemason and Jack's sets. As well as a few items I use a lot like torches and overhead light fixtures; preset with lights. I even have a preset candle flame ;-)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I've had some issues with having to re-conform clothes after grouping, but as I recall that issue seemed only to occur when I created an animated group, and was apparent before I even saved the group to the browser. The option to create an animated group is under the Animation menu and the option to create a regular group is under the Edit menu.