Please stop logging us out!

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Mod - please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate area ... by the time I find it; I'll probably be logged out again. Thank you.

Please stop logging us out. We jump from tab to tab; we're posting in the forums; we're searching for information to answer queries or find products; we're trying to shop even ... and it's very much a nuisance that we must close the browser; clear the cache; open the browser and carry on. Do you have any idea 'how many' websites we're supposed to be signed into in order to use them?!
I prefer to be logged out when I choose.

Thank you.

Comments

• tyd2tyd2 Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Couldn't agree more.

Odd thing is when I logged in using IE a little earler (because I just simply couldn't log in with Firefox; kept timing out) I noticed two options under the use sign in button that I'd never seen before. One was about automatically signing in, can't remember the other. But I can't see them anymore, even when I sign out and sign in again with IE.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

have to agree. is there a time limit on being logged in?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

I don't get the purpose for the "time out" system myself. Unless you're referring what the rest of us are forced to deal with in that we try to visit the forum after a while only to be instantly logged out.

To get around that, just log yourself out from a store page and log back in. It's just one of the many bugs in the process of being kinked out.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I suspect they may have been making some 'adjustments' during the time frame when Firefox kept timing out - or had a very busy time with the new sale.
    Read a rumour of 3 hours before an auto log out but that doesn't jive with experience. All to often I'm 'partly logged out'. Seems to log us out when we're bouncing between forum to store and back to forum - no consistent pattern though. Sign in to forum first; then check emails and follow links for posts one is following ... and somewhere along the line usually find oneself logged out again too.

edited December 1969

I don't get the purpose for the "time out" system myself. Unless you're referring what the rest of us are forced to deal with in that we try to visit the forum after a while only to be instantly logged out.

To get around that, just log yourself out from a store page and log back in. It's just one of the many bugs in the process of being kinked out.

No, I'm talking about all the other times we get logged out. Like while responding to posts.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

No, I'm talking about all the other times we get logged out. Like while responding to posts.
    Yeah, people have been saying that, but I personally never experienced that.

• edited December 1969

The site(especially the store) are having alot of weird issues post-update...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited December 1969

...what I hate is being timed out while in the middle of a long multi page thread. When I click on the Login link, it takes me to the My Account page which still indicates that I'm logged in. When I log out and back in from there, I lose my place in the thread and have to manually page back to where I was since the "Search" and "Go To Page..." functions are still borked.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Log out problem has been noted and indeed mentioned several times, in several different threads.

It is a sporadic thing, and doesn't affect everyone, it also doesn't seem to be browser specific as it happens to people who are using the same browser and browser build as others.

It also happens to Moderators and Admins, including those with DAZ_Names, so you are in good company. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Ah well well then I expect it'll get fixed sooner rather than later ... understandably it's not the top issue atm.

presumably.png
    800 x 548 - 75K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

definitely :question: Was noticed first thing, has been flagged up, but it is weekend, so not sure when anything will be done about it.

edited December 1969

To note; the subpages do list products ...

And just checked the credit card profile thingie .... update!!! We now have countries! [we could use a variety of smilies here for amusement]

Still a 'minor detail' though that requires attention.

[n.b. I did already long time ago and last night mention this to somebody in PMs - not exactly news but uh, it has been awhile .... like since from the beginning]

[n.b. Don't know about this morning but so far the Shopping Cart will work with no profiles set up [which is a good thing] ... just have to keep entering the cc info every time a purchase is made [okay with me - don't want to store info on site atm] However the concept that the store is checking info back and forth as stated elsewhere is a mind boggling achievement.]

Canada.png
    634 x 335 - 83K
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Ah well well then I expect it'll get fixed sooner rather than later ... understandably it's not the top issue atm.

funny, i thought it was just me....