OOT G3 Hair's for G8

I would love to see Out Of Touch port their older G3 only Hairs over to G8. They literally have the best hair on the market, and since we are quickly moving over to G8 as the standard now for most content, I would love to see this happen. I have done it manually a few times, but you still lose certain functionality and there are always compatibility errors.

Anyone else agree?

-Inky

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    I just change the scene identifier to G3 and they work fine. I would never pay for a new version when the old one works so well
  • InkyInky Posts: 33
    I just change the scene identifier to G3 and they work fine. I would never pay for a new version when the old one works so well

What do you mean? I might be unaware of this feature. Do you mean you just load the G3 Hair onto a G8 and then when it gives you the prompt that it's not compatible, you tell it that the hair was meant to G3?

Inky said:

What do you mean? I might be unaware of this feature. Do you mean you just load the G3 Hair onto a G8 and then when it gives you the prompt that it's not compatible, you tell it that the hair was meant to G3?

Nope, before you load the hair, make sure that G8 is NOT selected. Then load the hair and go to the 4 little lines at the top right of the scene panel. Click on them and a menu will popup and about mid way down is the edit option to change the scene identifier. Then another window will popup and you then change the last line to genesis 8 and then female, save and then you can fit your hair just like it was made for G8 with no autofit.

Once you do it once, it takes a few seconds each time after that and you can then save it for future use if you want.

sceneid.jpg
    954 x 663 - 250K
  • InkyInky Posts: 33
    Inky said:

Nope, before you load the hair, make sure that G8 is NOT selected. Then load the hair and go to the 4 little lines at the top right of the scene panel. Click on them and a menu will popup and about mid way down is the edit option to change the scene identifier. Then another window will popup and you then change the last line to genesis 8 and then female, save and then you can fit your hair just like it was made for G8 with no autofit.

Once you do it once, it takes a few seconds each time after that and you can then save it for future use if you want.

Dude! excellent tip! I'll give that a try, I didn't that know existed. Anything I pose in Daz ultimately gets rendered elsewhere. So usually i cleanup and fix things outside of Daz (zBrush, C4D, etc.).

NP, glad to help.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,492
    Inky said:

A note for anyone who's interested: The reason this works for hair between G3F and G8F, and between G3M and G8M, is because the figures' heads are the same size, shape, and location. For pairs of figures where this is not the case, this trick won't work well.