boots for genesis

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello everybody!! welle, those who aren't on vacations!
I bought boots, cowboy style, for genesis... I don't use install manager, but do the install "by hand"... I have C 8 pro, but didn't install C 8.5 beta... is there a way to install a "genesis product" like these boots, or does I have to install the beta? lst time, the install of the beta delete the 8 pro version, and it was a real problem!...
thank you for help!!!

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Genesis only works in the beta, so I would assume a Genesis clothing item would also require the C8.5 beta.

You can install the C8.5 beta to a different directory than the C8.1 production build. From what I've read, and my own experience with different earlier versions of Carrara, they can both reside on the same system with no problems. They just need to be in their own separate folders.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

True.
    Genesis is a product of Daz Studio. You can download the Genesis Essentials product which, I believe, allows Carrara and Poser users to install Genesis without installing Daz Studio. But that option would require assistance beyond what I can offer, since I haven't taken that route, myself.

For the latest and greatest Genesis, I always keep Daz Studio up to date with the latest release. In fact, I go even further as a true DAZ junkie and use the latest DS beta.

With Daz Studio's latest updates installed, I am using the Studio content library for nothing but Genesis and Genesis products, to help keep everything straight. Anything that I but that is not specifically made for Genesis, I use the "Poser Runtime" installation method, into my various categories. As for my Daz Studio Content Library, I still use the "My Documents > DAZ 3D > Studio > My Library" content installation directory. So when I download a newer "zip" file, the newer method that is replacing the "exe" files, I open the archive:
    Within the archive is a manifest for the DIM, and a "Content" folder. I open that "Content" folder and, in all cases I can recall, the entire structure within goes directly into the "My Library" folder mentioned above.

DIM uses the Public Documents > My DAZ 3D Library, if I recall correctly. If that is where you install your Daz Studio content, then it would go there instead of my above example.

Here I have a few articles that you might find to be useful - not sure how far placed you are within the Genesis products yet. But also, if you have a peruse through the other various links I have in the ►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄ , I have posted up some more about the subjects of Genesis and Carrara 8.5 beta. I can see already that some of that is beginning to become outdated - but not by much. It should, at the very least, help you gain an understanding of how to proceed from where you are right now. :)

Hope this helps. But, as always... if it does not... please let me know. We'll get you straightened out ;)