Need help with post production

jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I have all my clips done in my animation and been using Premiere Elements to make the movie. All of my clips are rendered as image sequences and are pretty high quality. Trouble is, no matter how I render my movie, it comes out a little blurry....not at all what the image quality is. I would like to know what you all are using to make your end product. If I have to change software, I will. Maybe some tips on movie quality? I want my movies to be crisp and clear.

Comments

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

Are you outputting your video the same size as the image sequences? If you are resizing the video, that may cause your blurriness.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Yes, when I do my sequences in DS, I make sure my window render size is the same. I want to do this in HD so I make the render window large. Is this what you are talking about?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited August 2013

jaebea said:
    I have all my clips done in my animation and been using Premiere Elements to make the movie. All of my clips are rendered as image sequences and are pretty high quality. Trouble is, no matter how I render my movie, it comes out a little blurry....not at all what the image quality is. I would like to know what you all are using to make your end product. If I have to change software, I will. Maybe some tips on movie quality? I want my movies to be crisp and clear.

Hi jaebea
    I use Adobe Premiere Pro , and I'm pretty sure that Premiere Elements is pretty similar in regards too, that if want to have 1080 HD final cut film , then your Daz Pro4.6 animation AVI's have to be rendered at the least 1920 x 1080 and saved in "Microsoft Video1". video format fto get the best quality animation video In Adobe premiere and even then I still get some pixalation with certain scenes . In Premiere there is a setting for less quality films such as cell phone and older DV cam recorders etc , So If your render are less than 19020x1080 then when you go to create a project in Premiere Elements change the settings to DV which will automatically adjust the video size it may ask you if you want premiere to make a quality adjustment . I'd click yes. and then start your project when you finish to save or upload , then i would save it as a DV video 750 HD .. I think you'll fine that will clear up a lot of your pixealtion , if you already started your project then you can change the settings by Starting Premiere Elements , Open your project. ,once it loads click the (edit) tab on top of the Premiere program and scroll down to Project settings and you can change it from HDV to DV that way. and any other adjustment you may want to pay with.

I hope that helps

Post edited by Ivy on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,929
    edited December 1969

I mostly just use Windows live moviemaker myself but if I want a really clear albeit large file size to wait to upload to youtube sized video I save my avi created from my image series using one of the compression codecs in virtualdub and uplaod as is.
    Youtube then adds the blurriness!!!!

• ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Can you tell us a little bit more about your workflow, or toss up some samples so we can see where the issue arises?

Right now, I can think of a couple of things can cause blurriness in the final movie sequence. Resizing the images to fit the final movie size, or the codec you choose to render the final movie clip out of Premiere Elements.

In Daz, you can set the final render size in the render settings dialogue. They should be set to the exact size of the final rendered clip in substantially all cases (the only exception I can think of at the moment is rendering oversized to add in some space around the edges for adding camera shake in post).

I would also choose your codec properly. For final renders for uploading to Youtube or Vimeo, I use H.264 codec, variable bit rate 2-pass - either the Apple TV or Yotube preset in Adobe Media encoder. I used to render intermediate clips using as close to no compression as possible, but Adobe Premiere CC allows me to pull in the After Effects projects without intermediate rendering, so I'm always working with the best quality footage before final render.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248
    edited December 1969

Can you tell us a little bit more about your workflow, or toss up some samples so we can see where the issue arises?

Right now, I can think of a couple of things can cause blurriness in the final movie sequence. Resizing the images to fit the final movie size, or the codec you choose to render the final movie clip out of Premiere Elements.

In Daz, you can set the final render size in the render settings dialogue. They should be set to the exact size of the final rendered clip in substantially all cases (the only exception I can think of at the moment is rendering oversized to add in some space around the edges for adding camera shake in post).

I would also choose your codec properly. For final renders for uploading to Youtube or Vimeo, I use H.264 codec, variable bit rate 2-pass - either the Apple TV or Yotube preset in Adobe Media encoder. I used to render intermediate clips using as close to no compression as possible, but Adobe Premiere CC allows me to pull in the After Effects projects without intermediate rendering, so I'm always working with the best quality footage before final render.

Right there. It's in the output, I'm guessing. Sometimes software will have presets set up in a way that won't yield the results you want or need - even though you think you're picking the right one. Experiment with various outputs "from" Premiere and see what happens. I use Sony, and I save mine under a version designed to work from a home computer, rather than 'on the web' and it turns out a much higher quality, which remains intact after going through the YouTube processing.

Furthermore, I save all of my Carrara renders completely uncompressed - which gives a larger file size, but make production much easier - as I can let my post production software take it from there. I use Dogwaffle Pro: Howler for animation effects. It has many features that I can keyframe into post and rotoscoping features as well - but can only handle individual clips - which is what I want to do, anyways. New version coming out will allow the use of video for selections as well - so I'll be able to perform special (and very fast) renders of Black vs White simply for use for animated selections for effects applied in Dogwaffle! Sweet, eh? I can hardly wait!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

As a novice Animator that is also using DS for the main render engine 1920 x 1080 is the standard for HD output for image sequences. Hit Film, my post production effects editor of choice, works well with my clips. For composting the finished files I like the Roxio Creator NXT Pro because it is built for editing and Burning to DVD and Blue Ray at full quality. The Track layering is also very good.

EDIT: Cost VS output is a consideration for all novice animators to think of. I'm a low end user and Hit Film is my Big gun cost wise.

Post edited by Jaderail on