Remove body and head only shape presets ,and orignal character morph file

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

When vendor offer "remove head" shape preset, it need to remove head shape only.

if vendor offer " remove body" shape preset, the preset must need to remove all your change about
body shape from base character with keeping your original character head shape

It is simple rule, user believe they should work so.

But some vendor seems not understand clear, and offer shape presets which can not work correctly as it named.

DAZ often sell such character for daz official new character about genesis and new gen2female.
I think DAZ keep sell such character product, untill user clearly blame them.

there were already many bug report about these , wrong character presets, but DAZ just leave it off .
seldom correct them, and user need to wait long time.

I simply hope,, vendor check by your self about your product more.
And must check mantis bug report, abouot your products.
why everytime user need to send report, and wait daz slow work?

I know,, when sell character preset with using other morphs ,
need to separate original morph, not include other morph which vendor used.

but if vendor make only one origianl morph.dsf , and it change not only head but also body vertices,
there is no way to remove only body, or head shape.
why you can offer Shape presets, which named , "remove body shape", or "remove head shape" ?

your presets only can change morph value. never remove only body or head delta
without you make one more morph.dsf

And If vendor hope to change not only head but also body by your original morph,
you must need to categorize as body-shape morph.

never categorize as head morph. you can easy check them before you sell your product in daz shop.
and DAZ can check them before sell them.

DAZ,,, you are 3d figure maker, But Merchandise management to function are really terrible .
you say user send bug report, but I know,, there are many bug report which must need to correct
but they never be checked. I can easy find these abandoned reports send one years before.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

If a head remove inj is also removing the body, and vice versa, that's a bug in the files that can be reported.

If a morph contains both a head and body data, sometimes if you check under Parameters > Currently Used, you're lucky enough to see separate body dials that can be reset.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,,,

Of course,, if the remove head morph , also remove body morph, it is so clear bug.
    but maybe:) I am lucky , I have not seen yet such product.

and check hide parameter is useful about many case. so it is good advice for other user,
    but about this case,, it is different problem.

I check direclty duf and dsf files code by editor, and send bug report.
    so that it is really clear bug.

the problem is vendor do not check their original moprh.

they offer only one dsf (original morph) to make character,
    and apply other morph presets which offered other vendor to make new character.
    it is right way. there is no problem.

but if the morph include delta of both head and body part (usually,, it is offered as head morph)
    how you make shape preset, you can not remove only body and head.shape.

it can only remove body morph value or head morph values,
    which made by other vendor, or other product morphs.

About delta which add by the vendor original morph, shape preset duf
    can simply remove all delta which affected both part or, apply both part.
    not remove or add only each part.

so that the inj or rem shape duf,
    about body and head can not work correcltly.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,983
    edited December 1969

I see this head/body problem with many characters. I wrote this bug report on July 4. https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=50616

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2013

Hi,, I saw your report,, then I hoped to confirm your report,, but I do not have the david morph,
    so I can not check about your report. but actually I understand,, it should be problem which I have mentioned.

I ofen find worng morphs, which move the area which should not be moved. or simply have mss fomula.

And I saw some bug reports about hair figure,which move the full hair by morph.
    the product are still sold, I have them. it is too pity ,,, there seems no man to correct the problem,
    even though user send reprot.
    no one try to correct them. I can not expect when daz confirm the bugs.

and I do not know if vendor try to remove bug.
    vendor seems not understand they sell product with bad morph
    about many case.

and I experienced many times,, when mantis admin said,, solved, already up-date product,
    but it keep problems. or make another problem..

the problem is DAZ way to use bug report. I know,, admins have trouble to check so many report.
    and actually,, I understand,, sometimes the report is made by miss understanding.

but all report are send by user. who bought product. they kill their time about product they bought.
    there are many bug reports if vendor or daz just take 10 minutes ,it can remove problem.
    daz have no time-table, about many case. I think. no plan how to arrange report and solves in order.

why daz do not face them more sincealy? I actually now stop to buy products
    untill daz change the way to up-date product which have problems.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on