Inagoni site down

It seems, that inagoni has closed his website.

It´s not good.

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

surprisebroken heart

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

awww never did grab those Architools doors and windows extras,

NM I can model my own

DAZ closing his store on their site probably spelt the beginning of the end

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Oh No!

ArchiTools, Baker, Deeper, Primivol, Replica, Shaper, Swap, Velouté 2

First Digital Carvers Guild now Inagoni.

Two "Big Players" in Carrara plug-ins, gone within a weeks time. (At least Eric of DCG is releasing his as open source.)

Maybe Inagoni is just having web hosting issues and will be back? Wishful thinking? I didn't realize that his items were already gone from the DAZ store.

sad

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited March 2021

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

Wow - very recently bought some of the plug-ins, glad I did not wait!

Baker is without doubt the most awesome inagoni plugin

I use it often 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Gah, I use his stuff all the time - I hope he is okay.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    3drendero said:

I sent an email to [email protected] about 17 hours ago. I was expecting it to bounce, but it didn't. However, I've not received any reply yet.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Good work de3an ! 

Theres some stuff on way back machine not sure how relevant

https://web.archive.org/web/20090205135616/http://www.inagoni.com:80/content.php?content.22

edited March 2021

• CelluloCellulo Posts: 60
    edited July 2018

There is sometime i saved these old free carrara 6 plugin from inagoni, plugin to export in OpenSceneGraph format: http://www.openscenegraph.org/

Here the plugin with the sourcecode, maybe someone can port it for Carrara 8.

1) http://www.flat2d.com/carrara/OSGPlug_C6Win.zip

2) http://www.flat2d.com/carrara/OSGPlugSourceCode.zip

Post edited by Cellulo on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Thanks for the update Selina. Would be nice to have them in the Daz store as a new plugin package, for example "Inagoni plugins for Carrara" in a bundle.
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I don't think that  he'll sell more in the hiden Carrara store.

Except if you are interested in their business, why do you want that?

In Open Source it's free and more, somebody else can update these plugins and keep them alive.

DUDU said:

In Open Source it's free and more, somebody else can update these plugins and keep them alive.

they were in the DAZ store

DAZ culled them along with Dartanbeck and many other Carrara things 

edited March 2021

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Daz didn't just delete Carrara content and PAs, there were other PAs and content also removed fom the store. I don't know what criteria was used or what kind of notice was given, but I know some people who have forum threads were upset that their content was removed from the store.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

From what Dart said, at least in his case, he hadn't submitted a new product in quite some time, which is why he was culled. He had been working on stuff, but real life was pulling him away from working on them. I think they also were pushing him to make Studio products to release with the Carrara products.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Basically they pulled out the underperforming PAs, those who hadn't sold anything for a given period and had no new items in the works.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

pardon my ignorance, but if underperformance is the reason, why are there still still stores here that haven't added anything new in a long time?

pardon my ignorance, but if underperformance is the reason, why are there still still stores here that haven't added anything new in a long time?

and stuff for V2 and M2 who are no longer available even (though you can at least for V2 get V1 who it fits in  Mimic lite or buy clothes convertor to go to the other later legacy figures) , I too find this puzzling

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Have most of the plugins and use them on a regular basis.

Baker and Architools fror mew. Wanted Veloute, ugh, dangit

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    DUDU said:

-The idea is to re-launch old plugins or products in a bundle instead of deleting them in the store.
    -The reason is to show the Carrara plugins (or other products) to new users, from the single most viewed site, daz3d.com
    -The downside of OS is that it takes a little more digging the find the freebies. Not a problem for us in the forum here, but for new users and potential buyers, another problem that will point them to DS, Poser, Blender or whatever.

Maybe worth pitching the idea to some DAZ people, deleting plugins hurts the sales of their Carrara product, better to have them in the store to drive the sale of the main product, Carrara.

edited July 2018

there was a nice little bundle in the store

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 257K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    3drendero said:
    DUDU said:

-The idea is to re-launch old plugins or products in a bundle instead of deleting them in the store.
    -The reason is to show the Carrara plugins (or other products) to new users, from the single most viewed site, daz3d.com
    -The downside of OS is that it takes a little more digging the find the freebies. Not a problem for us in the forum here, but for new users and potential buyers, another problem that will point them to DS, Poser, Blender or whatever.

Maybe worth pitching the idea to some DAZ people, deleting plugins hurts the sales of their Carrara product, better to have them in the store to drive the sale of the main product, Carrara.

Seen under this angle,you got a point!

• DydwhyDydwhy Posts: 4

Open Source Baker i would be happy.

Open source or sell Cararra . Dont let it die on the vine DAZ

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    de3an said:
    3drendero said:

I sent an email to [email protected] about 17 hours ago. I was expecting it to bounce, but it didn't. However, I've not received any reply yet.

looks like the website is 'available' for acquisition now... (email will probably bounce)

anyone have any luck connecting? I'd be interested in buying the 'shaper' plugin (never made it into the DAZ store) if it's all going away.

--ms

mindsong said:
    de3an said:
    3drendero said:

looks like the website is 'available' for acquisition now... (email will probably bounce)

anyone have any luck connecting? I'd be interested in buying the 'shaper' plugin (never made it into the DAZ store) if it's all going away.

--ms

The only contact with him we know of is through someone Selina is/ws in touch with. As stated here:

Selina said:

Julien has been in touch and just to put you all in the picture...

He has decided to close his site as the amount of interest in his excellent products has dwindle to the point where it was costing him to keep the site open. He is currently exploring other avenues and may decide to release them as open source later.

Sad news! But I, for one, wish him well in whatever he decides - his plugins remain excellent value and an invaluable asset to Carrara

Selina

I'm not sure inagoni will check that email noqw that the site is "empty".

i'd really like to get primivol and veloute