Carrara Release PRICE

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Okay first off forgive me if this has been asked beforeBUT does anyone have any guess on what the UPGRADE price is going to be for Carrara 8.5 pro? And I think its getting close to the release date if I am not mistaken

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I don't think any figure has been mentioned. I hope it isn't released before the 14th. I'm broke until my check comes in (not that I'll have much to spend then either).

• edited December 1969

Hey your in Austin I lived there 15 years. Really miss it! Sure Miss Chuys!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Half the price of a full upgrade, maybe ?????

edited December 1969

Hey your in Austin I lived there 15 years. Really miss it! Sure Miss Chuys!

I've been here since June 1989. I'm close to the Chuy's on N. Lamar. I really love their Mexican martinis.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Half the price of a full upgrade, maybe ?????

I now have $4.21 in my desk bank. Think it will cover it?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,042
    edited December 1969

you all need to enter the next challenge!
    (last two excluded most non-Carrara content so would have been right up your alley Rich)
    there is store credit up for grabs that could be put towards anything in store inc an upgrade.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

you all need to enter the next challenge!
    (last two excluded most non-Carrara content so would have been right up your alley Rich)
    there is store credit up for grabs that could be put towards anything in store inc an upgrade.
    Agreed. Brilliant plan!
    edited December 1969

ps, watch out for Anne, she's a Cougar!

• WallytheartistWallytheartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was so confused thinking they would charge for the new update as a whole... But from reading i think i understand that some were mentioning it would be 50% of the update price.. that sounds better than what I imagined. besides Daz Studio being free i wonder what the price is going to be for those that bought it already.
    I rarely use it since it cant export the nice things it can make... Cant wait to see whats in store.

edited December 1969

well I have to assume it is 50% off Carraras full price which before discount is $550
    unless the discount currently applied to Carrara of 69% is also used.
    Also platinum club discount.
    many will not need or desire Genesis functionity so one would hope the other improvements please them,
    FBX import improvement in the beta has been my main reason for wanting it badly actually as the current 8.1 production build mangles many esp iClone pipeline exports.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Huh :)?
    I'm guessing 30 bucks will be the asking price at 50 percent discount.
    It's only a point five on the number 8.
    Not even a whole version upgrade.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Huh :)?
    I'm guessing 30 bucks will be the asking price at 50 percent discount.
    It's only a point five on the number 8.
    Not even a whole version upgrade.

they have put too much work into it to be that low I am afraid.
    I am bracing for up to $270 but hoping nearer the $100 mark
    nothing comes cheap these days and the stock answer is you have C8.1 which you paid for.
    I will pay it regardless as I really want it but know a few might not be so keen.
    No point whining though, they can just choose not to.
    Only hope though for the Mac users who do not use Genesis like our Richard there are enough non-content related improvements to justify it.
    edited August 2013

hmm I hope you're right, we don't want too many people jumping on the Carrara bandwagon. As expensive as possible I say.

Just thinking out loud here ;)

Carrara is at the moment Pro $285
    There doesn't seem to be an upgrade price in the store.
    If I log in as a pc member it is $171.
    So that's $171 with no deal for upgrading, and it's for a "full' version.

Daz is offering a point 5 release. I can't really see that the price for an upgrade from Carrara * should be anywhere
    what they are asking for a full 'starter' (ie non upgrade) version

Also the Carrara Café announcement says :

Users who have previously purchased versions of Carrara through DAZ 3D website will receive a 50% discount on the release for the first two weeks.

That means anyone who has ever purchased any version of Carrara ever through Daz.
    To me that says that DAZ want to sell lots of this Carrara 8.5.

To say you are willing to pay "x" amount of dollars for a Car 8.5 just encourages Daz to set a higher price than they might.
    It's skim the market.

You're looking at someone who forked out for Bryce Pro when it was 'top' dollar because I felt sorry for Daz..........
    Don'r forget all those poor sods who forked out a light of money for Daz Studio and plugs ins before Daz realeased where it's true market was and started giving away t hings for free...

Gah I'm starting to sound like our recently banned friend (name censored in good Winston Smith style)

sorry for going off topic :)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Well, considering the amount of time they require to just release Carrara 8.5....
    and comparing how much energy they put into Genesis and DazStudio to release stuff in machine-gun speed
    the 0.5er Upgrade shouldn't be too expensive. Especially not for PC Members.

I just hope they won't let us wait too long in Carrara 9.... and this time with dynamic cloth sim...
    Want to drape stuff over my objects and characters... Bullet physics doesn't do it for me. Stuff keeps flying about and still looks horrid.

edited December 1969

Maybe Daz could buy Poser 2014 as a Carrara plug in ... that's what I had to do, sad isn't it?

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Maybe Daz could buy Poser 2014 as a Carrara plug in ... that's what I had to do, sad isn't it?

Same here... same here
    I use Poser for all my dynamics (dragon wings, drapes, some clothes... usually I try to avoid dynamic clothing).

edited December 1969

so Daz already owes us 200 bucks :) before we upgrade

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

At 50% off, I'll byte if it's not stupid expensive after the discount. :blank:

Friday is Payday, so the timing seems good.

Weird - after reading this thread, I want Mexican food! :bug: