Shadering

So..i'm notd quite a shaders expert. I'm using DP's V6 Carrara shader and trying to turn her red, but it's not doing anything. i tried editing the master shader. Nope. I tried adding multipliers. Nope.

is there even a way to make changes to lots of surfaces at once?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2018

First thing to do would be to consolidate duplicate shaders under the Edit Menu in the Assemby Room.

The second thing to do is open a texture from one of your model's shading domains, such as Torso or Limbs. Then add a color gradient to the Color channel and use the shader's original image map to drive the gradient. Set a lighter color for one end of the gradient, and a darker gradient to other end.

The image below uses the Color Gradient in the Color Channel along with the original color image map. The gradient was set to be white on one side, and black on the other. The image uses this technique on all the skin textures, the walls, the floor, etc. to achieve the black and white look. I did nothing for portwork. I did not desaturate this in any way. I did nothing to the underlying image maps. I used know plugins. This is straight out of Carrara's renderer.

Femme fatale pin-up-BW raw.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 489K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

That consolidation thing is handy!

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499
    edited August 2018

i'm looming for armor shaders now.

I found AoA's chainmail shaders for Carrara.

Are there any leather ones for Carrara?

Post edited by VIArts on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

i'm looming for armor shaders now.

I found AoA's chainmail shaders for Carrara.

Are there any leather ones for Carrara?

There are Leather shaders in the excellent re-release of Kirk Saavedra Shaders pack, along with other varieties.

Click on the link Professional 3D Shaders for Carrara in the Shader Packs section http://carraracafe.com/downloads/?did=43