Seeking Head 'n Shoulders model only

JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Does there exist, or would it be possible to make a head-and-shoulders only model, preferably one compatible with Genesis head morphs? This should be optimized for posing and animating talking heads such as frequently appear on video screens everywhere -- NOT for making gruesome scenes of decapitated people.

Such a tool would be extremely useful, (and should support a whole market of shoulder-only clothing items), but doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Sure you can use a full-body model and cut off the body in post processing, to get this effect. But if one is trying to animate a scene in which multiple people appear in different windows of a video screen (for example, a video teleconference), all that post-processing just increased your production time by an order of magnitude or more. It would be SOOO much faster and easier just to set up and animate all the talking heads together in the same scene in DAZ or Poser, arranged just as you need them in the final scene.

DAZ modelers, get busy! Or if someone knows how to do this with full body models, please chime in.

A neck-and-head only version would be nice, too, but shoulder-and-head is essential.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I wondered about this and opened DS4.6, loaded Genesis and kept it at the base shape select the Polygon Group Editor Tool, right clciked and Choose the Rectangle Selection Mode, drew a box from above the nipples down to the feet with the mouse, right clciked and choose the Hide Selected in the Visibilty section of the PGE command box, then opened the Tool Settings Pane and in the Options Box of the Pane (tiny box in the upper corner of the pane) and chose to Delete Hidden Facets.

Ok the edge where I deleted the ploys was a little rough but further selecting with the PGE Tool and repeating the process will smooth out the edge better.

I then tested a number of Morphs and the all worked as expected.

PGE Tool is under the Tools menu or Alt+Shift+G

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I expected to come here and find shampoo.

edited December 1969

I heard you didn't need any or was that just a vicious rumour spread by some Bald Wizards. ;)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Lies, all lies. I have hair just passed mid-back length.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Puts on sneeky shoes and grabs scissors, I need a new wig....

Okay, nuff De-rail lets see if this works for the OP.
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited August 2013

Thanks so much Szark! You made my day. Your advice worked perfectly and I now have a chance to finish my project on time.
    The effect worked both with 3Delight and Luxrender via Luxus.
    And, none of 'em have dandruff.

4_heads.jpg
    400 x 400 - 79K
    A3_Head.jpg
    400 x 400 - 55K
    A3_Head_Lux.jpg
    400 x 400 - 60K
    Post edited by JStryder on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I better stop telling folks that you are a baldie then. Mawhahahaha
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Puts on sneeky shoes and grabs scissors, I need a new wig....

Okay, nuff De-rail lets see if this works for the OP.Ye of little faith...of course it works.
    edited December 1969

JStryder said:
    Thanks so much Szark! You made my day. Your advice worked perfectly and I now have a chance to finish my project on time.
    The effect worked both with 3Delight and Luxrender via Luxus.
    And, none of 'em have dandruff.
    Wayhey nice one JStryder and no dandruff...what a great result.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh piddle sticks, the thread ended before I got one good snip of hair....