Marked Output Previews for DUFs and a Windows File Explorer plugin

ImagoImago Posts: 5,045
edited August 2018 in Product Suggestions

Like everyone in this forum, I work with a lot of DUF files: Character Presets, Light Presets, Material Preset, Puppetter sets... And, as I said, all them are DUF files with the same extension and same default icon.
Often I save those files one after the other, without changing the camera angle in my scene so I get a whole lot of the same, identical preview images. I know I can name them to make them more distinguishable, but when in a rush I often load the wrong one! blush

It would be nice if DAZ Studio, natively or with a plugin/addon would "mark" the preview images with a little icon or a small text like the ones in the internal library. This, I think, could make things esier to "rushers" like me. For example, have a little light bulb or a "Lights" text in a Light Preset.

And, this brings the next need: A Windows File Explorer that could show the preview image of the linked DUF file instead of the default file icon. When looking for a file inside DAZ Studio, I see a wall of DUF file Icons that forces me to read every file name. In this case too, I can simply type * in the box below and hit Enter to see all the file types, but the window get crammed with a lot of alternating images and DUFs, confusing the eyes once more.

These two things could be possible?

Post edited by Imago on