Content SciFi/Fantasy Male or Female Gen 8

Hello guys, i wanted to ask if there is possible for you creators to make some cool Sci-Fi/Fantasy products like ( i will throw some ideas for you to create or suggest me where i can buy them)

1. Star Wars content like: a.Lightsabers with: different colors, different lightsabers styles, poses, wounds etc.

b. Costumes for : light side, dark side, colors, poses,  interactions? etc.

c. Force Use for : light side, dark side, poses, interaction etc.

d. Expressions for: light side, dark side, face poses, face modifications ( dark side corruption

I know it might fall into a specific copyright category buy it doesn't have to land in one piece to make it obviously. I also know that if i want to find piece by piece i might find everything but ...well as gen 8 problems now a day, not much content for specific targets.

2. I am also interested in fantasy. I have issues with many costumes and poses, not all work out good. Especially for robes.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

There is already a ton of scifi and fantasy assets in all the content stores. Maybe this thread will give you some ideas https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26281/star-wars-renders-2013/p1

• The thing is i need more than anything Lightsabers that are actually good looking. I can't find them, i know there is 1 or maybe 2 lightsabers but they look like genesis or gen 2 weapons. I can't make them look ok with gen 8 for example.

The thing is i need more than anything Lightsabers that are actually good looking. I can't find them, i know there is 1 or maybe 2 lightsabers but they look like genesis or gen 2 weapons. I can't make them look ok with gen 8 for example.

That is still vague. What part are you not able to make look "good"? While Iray does a great job on producing the light from a saber, the glowing effect can best be done in postwork after the render is done.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

The thing is i need more than anything Lightsabers that are actually good looking. I can't find them, i know there is 1 or maybe 2 lightsabers but they look like genesis or gen 2 weapons. I can't make them look ok with gen 8 for example.

That is still vague. What part are you not able to make look "good"? While Iray does a great job on producing the light from a saber, the glowing effect can best be done in postwork after the render is done.

And the handle is usually so small in the picture (unless you are rendering a closeup) that "cool" detail is just so much wasted polygons.

Ascania said:

And the handle is usually so small in the picture (unless you are rendering a closeup) that "cool" detail is just so much wasted polygons.

Agreed. I have accurately model handles for some sabers I use, but that detail is lost unless the render is focused on that specific part and not in the hand.

I am just trying to find out what the issue is to help find a solution is if not just "I want it all done for me so I can hit render" since it's expected the user do some of the work, LOL

• Ascania said:

Agreed. I have accurately model handles for some sabers I use, but that detail is lost unless the render is focused on that specific part and not in the hand.

I am just trying to find out what the issue is to help find a solution is if not just "I want it all done for me so I can hit render" since it's expected the user do some of the work, LOL

I suppose you are right but try hide a dual lightsaber or by posing an attack. Not every lightsaber you need to have 2 hands on it, sometimes 1 its ok.  Especially if with the other hand you want to use the force. Iray does wonders but it sure cant make from genesis or genesis 2 look good on genesis 8, i mean the lightsabers from the shop.

Ascania said:

I suppose you are right but try hide a dual lightsaber or by posing an attack. Not every lightsaber you need to have 2 hands on it, sometimes 1 its ok.  Especially if with the other hand you want to use the force. Iray does wonders but it sure cant make from genesis or genesis 2 look good on genesis 8, i mean the lightsabers from the shop.

You do realize you will only get less than accurate lookalike models from this store when it comes to copyrighted material like Star Wars, right? You will also get more accurate and detailed models elsewhere.

here you go, lots of free ones also and of course you will have to apply new IRAY shaders to it and an emissive shader to the blade

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/lightsaber?sort_column=a5&sort_order=asc

https://www.deviantart.com/aeon--soul/art/Free-Lightsaber-for-G3F-with-obj-included-590964903 <-- This is the best light saber prop, I've seen around. 

Nice! Thanks for the link!

• There is a decent light saber for the Genesis 8 female in the store.  It is the Star Warrior Outfit Set for Genesis 8 Females by Mytilus.  True it is skimp wear but the scarf and boots work well with more suitable clothing and the light saber needs no conversions, has mutiple handle colors and has 6 blade colors.  With a slight adjustment will also work for the G8 Male.  A lot of mediaval and fantasy sword battle pose sets work real well with the light sabers.  There was another thread recently about Robes that gave some good ideas and leads.  For expressions and poses, try some of Zeddicuss's expressions and hand poses.  Not specifically Sci-Fi content but they work fine.  Also a lot of Fatansy Magic use poses will work for Force use poses.  See the below render.  Minimal post work in PSP X6.

Star Warrior.jpg
    1080 x 1404 - 434K