Bug Tracker gone?

NoneNone Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Seeing as I have been away for quite some time, depression is a hell of an illness to have, I thought I would drop in and see what was happening and I see the Bug tracker is missing, at least for me, it takes me to the help desk.

Is this happening for anyone else or am I the lucky one in this :p

Comments

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

Hi,

here is the answer:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26978/

rk..

• NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

damn search needs updating too ;)

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Seeing as I have been away for quite some time, depression is a hell of an illness to have, I thought I would drop in and see what was happening and I see the Bug tracker is missing, at least for me, it takes me to the help desk.

DAZ took a vote and the outcome was that programming mistakes were not possible in the future.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The best sig line I've seen. It applies here...

User Error, replace user. :lol:

edited December 1969

unhelpful admin is unhelpful :p

edited December 1969

unhelpful admin is unhelpful :p
    I'm stuck with the same forum bugs as you ya know... %-P
    edited August 2013

but but your admin, you can change things as admin :coolsmirk:

Post edited by None on
    edited December 1969

but but your admin, you can change things as admin :coolsmirk:
    LOL! We Admin's are just Volunteers that help DAZ with the forums. Nothing more, we do not work for DAZ or have any say so in what DAZ does or does not do. Just like you we must report things to get them fixed... The Forums are for the community of users so we Admins are from the community. I wish I was a DAZ person. I'dd love to play with the toys before they hit the store. Sadly they didn't like that idea very much.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    , we do not work for DAZ or have any say so in what DAZ does or does not do. Just like you we must report things to get them fixed... Sometimes, if they don't break even more so after.

Fixed it for you :) :P

mwhahahahaha

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

To get back on topic, DAZ 3D is in the process of updating the way bug tracking will work

Announcement on that coming Monday. Basically we're moving the bug tracking system to one which is more secure and has better integration with our support system. Everyone that has an open bug will be getting the announcement early next week in an email that will answer questions like "What is going to happen to the open bugs I have?" We just didn't finish the announcement to send out today, and with the public beta releasing, wanted it over to the new system so that it would be less of an issue to work between the two systems. DAZ_Spooky, if he pops in over the weekend, will have more information if he is around to give it out as he is the driver behind it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Seeing as it's my thread i decide if it was off topic or not :p and it wasn't so there :P

And yes they updated it - its now broke - mwhahahahaha :coolsmile:

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I heard the old bug tracker broke under the weight of the hundreds of thousands of requests by every single member of the forums that DAZ just release The Millennium Cow already!!

While I can't prove it, I suspect the married members were in on that too, but they only seem to mention the single members.

That's Marital-Status-Ism!!

edited December 1969

I bet all the "old" bugs will be lost in the move :p

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I bet all the "old" bugs will be lost in the move :p

Not lost.

Resolved!

edited December 1969

ah yes - silly me ;)

edited December 1969

Seeing as it's my thread i decide if it was off topic or not :p and it wasn't so there :P

And yes they updated it - its now broke - mwhahahahaha :coolsmile:

Well it is rather akin to not being able to make omelettes without breaking a few eggs. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Yes Daz wouldnt be able to break the eggs :p

edited December 1969

Oh I am sure they can, even if I have to give them the loan of my trusty club to do the job. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

When daz doesn't need to break something they can, when they do need to they cant - :) :lol:

edited December 1969

Ok I guess we will just have to agree to differ, and move on to something else :roll:

edited August 2013

No we don't - mwhahahahah :lol:

Post edited by None on
    edited December 1969

In best pantomime voice "Oh yes we do" :vampire:

edited December 1969

He's behind you :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

arrrghh!

hes_behind_you.jpg
    500 x 332 - 27K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I guess I shouldn't have guided all those people to Mantis today! D'oh! :gulp:

edited December 1969

Bad EP!!! Get on the naughty Step

edited December 1969

"Hi Valued DAZ 3D Customer,

You are receiving this notice because you have entered a bug in the DAZ 3D bug tracking system.

Unfortunately it is not practical for us to migrate all of the data from the old system to the new one. This means that while your bugs will continue to be visible to DAZ 3D staff and that we will continue to work on the bugs that were submitted to the old system, customers who submitted and/or were monitoring the bugs will not receive updates on their status."

I said it, i told you it would happen :p

Okay they may not be lost, but they may as well be if no one can see em

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

"Hi Valued DAZ 3D Customer,

You are receiving this notice because you have entered a bug in the DAZ 3D bug tracking system.

Unfortunately it is not practical for us to migrate all of the data from the old system to the new one. This means that while your bugs will continue to be visible to DAZ 3D staff and that we will continue to work on the bugs that were submitted to the old system, customers who submitted and/or were monitoring the bugs will not receive updates on their status."

I said it, i told you it would happen :p

Okay they may not be lost, but they may as well be if no one can see em

It's hard to be cynical enough. I try to keep up, but I just can't manage.