Goodbye all, and have fun!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Well, it just appears that this forum is being purposefully wrecked. I do not wish to break TOS, so I'll leave at this:
I will try and help folks in other ways - I'll put some thought into it after I finish settling my Daughter and her newborn in from the hospital. I really enjoyed this place and most of you in it. I will miss it.

Keep on pushing Carrara in new ways - it likes that!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,042
    edited December 1969

God no Dart
    stay with us please
    and forum software team, can you please get that damned ignore feature working better so I do not get the view option
    I like the old forum's ignore where you simply do not see the other person has posted
    (not you Dart love, that person causing all this upset)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Since I do take helping the Carrara community quite seriously, I will take it upon myself to quietly work on my sticky thread to help bring it up to date. I do hope that the moderators can see it in their hearts to keep the poison from creeping in. I do feel a bit of injustice that a recent post of mine was deleted that was well within TOS - and yet they allow myself to be bullied over and over and over by the same poison. Please just let me have my thread and I'll leave the rest of this place alone.

Sincerely,
    Dartanbeck

edited December 1969

I missed your post, Wendy as I was typing.
    Love you too, buddy!

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

No need to play the martyr, dude...

You belong here, I don't. So I will gladly step aside and no longer mess up the sandbox.

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

It's becoming all the more obvious that good people are finding it hard to stay in good spirits for reasons that must me important to them. I hope you reconsider, Dart. I'll always be a PM away if you feel the need to talk it out.

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

Very sad Dartanbeck, you are one of the most valuable members of this Forum. You have contributed so much. Carrara Forum will have a big vacuum that cannot be filled by anyone else. Please come back soon after you take time out. Many people here love you buddy and support you.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited August 2013

hmm, I 'll tell you about albert anothertime

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I'd hate to see anyone give up something the enjoy, for any reason. I appreciate your enthusiasm and help...good luck in whatever you decide to do. Maybe in a few days things will be better.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Well, it just appears that this forum is being purposefully wrecked. I do not wish to break TOS, so I'll leave at this:
    I will try and help folks in other ways - I'll put some thought into it after I finish settling my Daughter and her newborn in from the hospital. I really enjoyed this place and most of you in it. I will miss it.

Keep on pushing Carrara in new ways - it likes that!

Dartanbeck, I know how you feel. I lurk, but I rarely post.

I like your sense of humour, and the fact that you genuinely help people.

You don't know me, but I would be sad if you left.
    Barry.

edited December 1969

You guys...
    I'm touched.

It's not that 'my' post got deleted. But mine was not aimed at all at anyone or intending to deliver a bad mood. Just making a point on why some folks might have left - due to observations I've made, is all. Similarities in repeated abuse toward our members, and then they drop off the planet for good. It's not right - and I didn't mean to make it sound like I blame the moderators... but (and instead of editing the original post, I'll explain here), I feel that they're hands are tied. They really do an excellent job, and I totally respect them all.

What kills me is that nobody seems to notice repeated assaults like this:

... I'm glad to (finally) see some of your work. ...

Wow, dude....don't you think that's unnecessarily harsh?? After, what, 5 or 6 years of posting images and videos, either just to share the images I worked on or to share some examples of stuff I've explained, you're FINALLY seeing some of my work? How would you feel if I said that to you? Dismissing all of that work I posted??

I thought we are here to have fun? Do you think I owe you the extra time it takes to provide you with images of a certain quality? Instead of spending an hour on an image or a video, you expect to see stuff that takes 10 or 20 hours?

Wow, tough crowd.... :(
    and the original message that he took the quote from was a compliment on his work. Every time I pay this particular poster a compliment, he blames me for something. I know that this must break the TOS. But how else can I say it?
    Not long ago, we finally got this thing back to a point when we could have friendly conversations in here. Bounce our ideas back and forth without being ripped apart with garbage.

I've decided to rethink this whole leaving thing... but I'm definitely going to butt out and just troll quietly and work on the Manual thread - as long as it doesn't start getting wrecked. My mind just can't hold up the battle anymore. You've won, whom ever you really are.

edited August 2013

Hello Dart,
    ;)

edited December 1969

I'vbe been asking him to see a render from him as long as I've had to battle with his posts against me. Never - except for one totally sarcastic thing has he ever shown - to me at least.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Hello Dart,

I think that even though it will leave a bad taste in my mouth I will be clicking on the report button in the future if necessary.
    I'm sure that others will as well.
    enough is enough.

No. Don't worry about it.
    edited August 2013

there you are, like Winston Smith I have rewritten history

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    I'vbe been asking him to see a render from him as long as I've had to battle with his posts against me. Never - except for one totally sarcastic thing has he ever shown - to me at least.

well, that says something in itselfWell, I meant that as a response to the "quote" I left above - which should probably come down... but I wouldn't mind at all if this entire thread disappeared.
    This sort of negativity wrecks me inside.
    I'm far too 'up' for this sort of crap.

edited December 1969

okay, let's delete all the posts
    I'll go first :)

edited December 1969

I think our friendly, volunteer Mods may help if we ask nicely.

Um... excuse me... chohole? Mike whom does stuff with PC's? Richard? Jederail?
    If it's not too much of a bother, could one of you please remove this entire thread from existence? I'll make evry attempt to never do this sort of thing again.

edited December 1969

you need to put an abusive title for the thread

like headwax eats old sox :)

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited August 2013

Quick question. Been noticing a lot of posts hit "the wasteland" (its the place where all removed posts go) coming from the Carrara forums lately. Sounds like one of the members is being an excessive troll. We're all for freedom of speech and all (minus deliberate advertising for other sites), but the more and more that we see a number of posters where all they seem to contribute is vitriol and stirring up problems, the more I'm inclined to getting a policy in place that will give X warnings and then laying down the ban hammer on people who are technically in the letter of the law (TOS) but not the spirit of it.

If this forum was also self moderated, what would the communal action be? And if you could pick someone from the Carrara community that specifically had Mod permissions to remove posts or ban troublemakers from this section of the forum, who would it be? We want every part of the forums (except the commons, holy shit that place is ugly) to be a friendly and helpful place for people to share ideas and art, and this community's (being a little more insular than some others) needs is possibly quite different from others, needs some assistance to make it that way, what can we do to help facilitate that?

edit: put this on the wrong thread

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
    edited December 1969

You do? Me too!!!
    I like it when they're REALLY old, and haven't been washed - makes them really crunchy! :)

edited December 1969

Andrew, Sir...
    You always know... don't you?
    So why the hell am I crying my ass off right now?

edited December 1969

I gotta go back to bed and spend the wqhole day tomorrow with my beautiful new baby Grand Daughter. Maybe by Monday I'll be okay again. We'll see.

If not... know that I love you all - and WILL find a way to inspire much Carraraism! ;)

edited August 2013

Andrew, Sir...
    You always know... don't you?
    So why the hell am I crying my ass off right now?

I know nothing, but I figure we will all be dead relatively soon so that puts most things in context :)

edited December 1969

God no Dart
    stay with us please
    and forum software team, can you please get that damned ignore feature working better so I do not get the view option
    I like the old forum's ignore where you simply do not see the other person has posted
    (not you Dart love, that person causing all this upset)

I just tried the ignore feature for the first time--it seems to work for me... I didn't ignore anyone significant....

edited December 1969

heh, I have myself on ignore but I always know what I wrote :)

edited August 2013

DAZ_Jon said:
    Quick question. Been noticing a lot of posts hit "the wasteland" (its the place where all removed posts go) coming from the Carrara forums lately. Sounds like one of the members is being an excessive troll. We're all for freedom of speech and all (minus deliberate advertising for other sites), but the more and more that we see a number of posters where all they seem to contribute is vitriol and stirring up problems, the more I'm inclined to getting a policy in place that will give X warnings and then laying down the ban hammer on people who are technically in the letter of the law (TOS) but not the spirit of it.

If this forum was also self moderated, what would the communal action be? And if you could pick someone from the Carrara community that specifically had Mod permissions to remove posts or ban troublemakers from this section of the forum, who would it be? We want every part of the forums (except the commons, holy shit that place is ugly) to be a friendly and helpful place for people to share ideas and art, and this community's (being a little more insular than some others) needs is possibly quite different from others, needs some assistance to make it that way, what can we do to help facilitate that?

edit: put this on the wrong thread

sorry Daz-Jon didn't see this! It just appeared!

We will need to think on answer maybe?
    Thank you for your concern too.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth, I have notified the mods that I am voluntarily deciding to never ever inhabit these forums again. I give you my word you'll never hear from me again.

I'm sorry for the hatred I have generated in so many here. I wish you all the best.

edited August 2013

head wax said:

LOL--

I should put myself on ignore, too!

Post edited by Salem2007 on
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth, I have notified the mods that I am voluntarily deciding to never ever inhabit these forums again. I give you my word you'll never hear from me again.

I'm sorry for the hatred I have generated in so many here. I wish you all the best.

Joe, to be perfectly honest I think you are smart an a well meaning person.
    Stick around, just take things easy.

edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    head wax said:

LOL--

I should put myself on ignore, too!

heh, :)