Dynamic Robe question

Vos1327Vos1327 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Haven't used dynamic clothing in a while, but thought I'd give it another go today. The first time the Dynamic Robe loaded, but the Clothing Control tab was missing--so I re-downloaded that and re-installed--and this one said it was updated for DAZ 4... but after I did that, the robe does not show up in the scene--thought it says it it there. I re-downloaded and reinstalled the robe, thinking that might do the trick, but no luck.

Anyone else had this happen? Can the robe still only be used with DAZ 3?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you give a link to the item, or at least the full file name?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,343
    edited December 1969

The plugin was working the first time - if it hadn't been you wouldn't have seen the clothing. You've now installed a version that isn't compatible with your version of DS and as a result the clothing will not display. Which version of DS are you using - Help>About DAZ Studio?

• Vos1327Vos1327 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The first one I tried was the Fantasy Robe. It loaded fine in DAZ 4 32 bit, but when I looked for the Dynamic Posing Control, I could not find it or Views in Daz 4, so I saved the scene file, found the update for the Dynamic Posing Control for DAZ 4, closed DAZ and re-installed the correct version--thinking that now I could bring up the saved file and be able to use the controls. But when the file opened the robe had vanished from the render window--although it was still listed in the Scene Tab.

I deleted the Fantasy Robe from that scene and tried to put it back in, but it did not show up.

I have been able to use the Fantasy Robe in DAZ 3 32 bit. I have not had any luck with DAZ 4, despite installing the DAZ_DynamicClothingControl1.0.11.19_Win64.exe Thought the Fantasy Robe had been updated from what I had read about it.

I had the same problem in DAZ 4 with other Dynamic Clothing as well. Is Dynamic Clothing still only for DAZ 3 or has it been updated to DAZ 4?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Vos1327 said:
    The first one I tried was the Fantasy Robe. It loaded fine in DAZ 4 32 bit, but when I looked for the Dynamic Posing Control, I could not find it or Views in Daz 4, so I saved the scene file, found the update for the Dynamic Posing Control for DAZ 4, closed DAZ and re-installed the correct version--thinking that now I could bring up the saved file and be able to use the controls. But when the file opened the robe had vanished from the render window--although it was still listed in the Scene Tab.

I deleted the Fantasy Robe from that scene and tried to put it back in, but it did not show up.

I have been able to use the Fantasy Robe in DAZ 3 32 bit. I have not had any luck with DAZ 4, despite installing the DAZ_DynamicClothingControl1.0.11.19_Win64.exe Thought the Fantasy Robe had been updated from what I had read about it.

I had the same problem in DAZ 4 with other Dynamic Clothing as well. Is Dynamic Clothing still only for DAZ 3 or has it been updated to DAZ 4?

you can't run DAZ_DynamicClothingControl1.0.11.19_Win64.exe in DS4 32 bit - you need the win32.exe

edited December 1969

Vos1327 said:

As bigh says, you have to use the 32 bit version of the plugin for the 32 bit version of DS4, there is one supplied for both 32 bit and 64 bit.

The 64 bit version that you have is version number 1.0.11.19, and the last two digits (19) must match the last two digits of the DS4 Pro version number. For example, I am currently using DS4 Pro 4.5.0.49, and the Dynamic Clothing plugin for that version of DS4 is version 1.2.0.49.

What version of DS4 are you using?

edited December 1969

Interesting. It would be incredibly helpful if there was a big note somewhere that said-- Hey! this won't work unless the last numbers match, lol.

I am running DAZ 4.0.3.47 Pro. Are there updates somewhere for the Dynamic Clothing plugin bring this up to speed? ( I tried running the DAZ 4.5 version, but on my computer it was buggy so I reinstalled the version I am running now.)

Thanks for the info and for your help!

edited December 1969

You could try resetting your downloads for the plugin to see what you get.

If it is not the right one, you may need to write to Support, and ask them to reset the correct version for you, sorry I can't be of more help.

edited December 1969

I did reset the download, so it's time to talk to Support! Thanks so much for your help--I never would have figured out the whole version matching up thing. You saved me hours of head banging on desk time.

edited December 1969

You are very welcome.

The latest versions come in a ZIP file with the external plugins of the same version included, should make things easier in the future.