Needed! An "All-in-One" Vegetation/ Landscape Creation Software

Why doesn't this exist? An "All-in-One" Vegetation/ Landscape/ Sky Dome Creation Software package ( -with quick "drag-and-drop" simplicity! ). Something that has a comprehensive library of "pre-made" photogrammetry-derived grass, flower, shrub and tree models ( -for every region, i.e:  tropical, desert, alpine, plains, arctic, etc. ) built right in -that users can simply "drag-and-drop" onto their user-created "topographies" ( i.e: hills, mountains, plains, deserts, etc. ) also created right in the same program -without having to spend days or weeks modelling trees, plants and landscape topographies from scratch? Something that's DAZ 10.4/ Genesis 8 compatible. I don't think Carrera 8.5 or Bryce 7 afford this level of quick "drag-and-drop" convenience and the landscape/ nature/ place plug-ins I see offered on DAZ's website are always so limited that you can rarely find what you need for a scene. If a thrid-party developer ( -like "The Philosopher" ) happens to read this I hope it gives them the inspiration they need to get busy developing such a program! I'd be more than willing to pay $300.00-$400.00 for such an "All-in-One" Vegetation/Landscape/ Sky Dome Creation Software if it existed. 

Comments

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,069

Something like this?

Terragen
    https://planetside.co.uk/

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

It doesn't exist because this is the only community that caters to the premade, drop and drag crowd and only because of Daz Studio.  This is a very smal part of the 3D world, so for what you want, you might want to start learning a modeling app.

For landscape, try Vue, it is amazing, but not that compatible with DS,

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It does exist - Unity 3D contains a terrian toolkit & includes Speed Tree. Speed Tree in integrated directly in Unity. 

Then after you download and install Unity login (you'll have to sign up for an free account) and search in the Unity Asset Store for

1) Unity Technologies - FBX Exporter

2) Terrian Toolkit

and download them. They are both free too.

Then search YouTube for tutorials on:

a) Using Unity 3D builtin terrain editor (very tedious and difficult for non-3D sculptors, eg someone that is used to using ZBrush)

Satisfied with a) progress? then b)

b) Using Terrain Toolkit in Unity 3D

Satisfied with b) progress? then c)

c) Using Speed Tree

Satisfied with c)? then d)

d) Using Unity Technologies FBX Exporter Asset Store freebie package

Satisfied with d)? then e)

e) Import fbx files into DAZ Studio & texturing them. (note: search for obj or fbx import tutorials)

Satisfied with e)

f) Light & render your new DAZ Studio environment.

That is a far amount of learning for you and a fair amount of work just setting things up even if you already know all the steps.

There is in the DAZ 3D store a very primitive 'morphable landscape' you can use:

https://www.daz3d.com/versatile-terrain (not free - no vegetation & limited landscape morphability)

Long term, the Unity approach will be better than buying the versatile terrain although the versatile terrain is more convenient for quick one offs. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

and there is Carrara .....

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

If you gather up plant objects to use from various sources, you can do a fair job of this with Ultrascatter and some masking of a terrain.

I mean, it's not QUITE that simple, but it's also way less expensive than most options.