improved scifi weapons

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,575
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Would love a glowing plasma scifi whip, a realistic tech staff, and more realistic blasters with holsters. Also a sighting eyepiece.

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

There's an interesting version of an energy whip someone made in Second Life, but easy-pose shenanigans would make it easier to do a more realistic version here. Essentially just a hose which could be made to glow... Is it possible to link lights to specific locations on something which can be morphed into poses?

If it's anything like SL, I'd suggest placing a slightly smaller version of one inside the other, then giving the larger one a transparency. That allows for a 'core' and corresponding glow - both of which, ideally, being able to colour-selected as the artist desires. Would just have to find a way to make sure that one conformed to the other.

Would also be nice to see some sci-fi weapons which have holding poses for Genesis, instead of just the fourth generation figures. :)

Definitely agree about the eyepiece. Would like to see a whole range of different visors, breathing masks and helmets.

I once made some 'Tron'-style weapons in SL, but never made them publicly available. I'd consider making them for Daz Studio, because I found they were relatively easy to construct, but haven't ever looked into making stuff for it. Is Hexagon what's used for prop creation?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,575
    edited December 1969

There's an interesting version of an energy whip someone made in Second Life, but easy-pose shenanigans would make it easier to do a more realistic version here. Essentially just a hose which could be made to glow... Is it possible to link lights to specific locations on something which can be morphed into poses?

If it's anything like SL, I'd suggest placing a slightly smaller version of one inside the other, then giving the larger one a transparency. That allows for a 'core' and corresponding glow - both of which, ideally, being able to colour-selected as the artist desires. Would just have to find a way to make sure that one conformed to the other.

Would also be nice to see some sci-fi weapons which have holding poses for Genesis, instead of just the fourth generation figures. :)

Definitely agree about the eyepiece. Would like to see a whole range of different visors, breathing masks and helmets.

I once made some 'Tron'-style weapons in SL, but never made them publicly available. I'd consider making them for Daz Studio, because I found they were relatively easy to construct, but haven't ever looked into making stuff for it. Is Hexagon what's used for prop creation?

Your weapons sound cool. =-) I I haven't been successful at making a glowing whip that looked good yet. I know lots of folks do use hexagon, although I am not really a moddlerl.... Yet. . An Anchoring lights to the guns does a good job of getting the laser beams to look like they are about to fire, but haven't tried that on a whip yet. Hmm

this set:

http://www.daz3d.com/actionmen-poses-for-freak-5-and-michael-5

Has some hand poses for the Science Fiction pistol set.

I would also like some non-sexy gun poses for V6.

With the whip, I'd like a plasma one, and sort of cybernetic looking one. I've seen some chains but they just don't look sci-fi, more anime/manga/ninja kind of.

May have to try reskinning a bullwhip. I bet I could at least do a metal one with shiny segments.