Glowing Brains for SUPREME INTELLIGENCE fig

This new figure needed something to set it apart from all the other "Grey" alien models upon this site.

"Glowing brain matter" would be one thing to have done.

supreme-intelligence-hd-for-genesis-8-male-00-main-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 244K

Comments

• Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391

What about horns? :)

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Horns can be added from other packages but I have suggested in the the thread for that, that Josh should do some alternate textures for his figures.  Glowing veins and a glowing brian would be cool for this one.  

• StoicStoic Posts: 133

Translucent Bioluminescent Alien heads would be a very cool look to see.

Something like this.

sgualien.jpg
    450 x 536 - 145K
    Sgu aliens PROJECT_SGU - Copy 2.jpg
    882 x 582 - 130K
  • Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    edited August 2018
    MaxC28 said:

This new figure needed something to set it apart from all the other "Grey" alien models upon this site.

"Glowing brain matter" would be one thing to have done.

Well, the fact he does not have normal legs, hands, or feet and the fact that he's not Grey kind of sets him apart from the Greys, don't ya think? LOL

Cool idea about the glowing brain. Maybe drop that in my suggestion thread next time instead creating a whole new thread to vent your frustration over one small design choice.

I can't please everyone unfortunately and I only have so much time to produce these characers in order to pay my bills.

That being said, I took great care to set this apart from what I have done previously. Although, it is stylistically a "Josh Crockett" creature, I made very specific design choices in the face, arms, hands, and feet and in the color scheme of this creature as well. 

If you wanted to create a glowing effect yourself it could very easily be done with a simple mask and the emmisive channel.

Post edited by Josh Crockett on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Couldn't one take a brain model, make it emmisive, parent to the head, change the translucency on the skin for the head and have a glowing brain area that shows through the skull?

RADIOACTIVE BRAINS! :)

• RKane_1 said:

Couldn't one take a brain model, make it emmisive, parent to the head, change the translucency on the skin for the head and have a glowing brain area that shows through the skull?

RADIOACTIVE BRAINS! :)

Yep, that sounds like an option. Could even do it on a geoshell I'm sure.

• Heck, could be done in photoshop, if you're proficient enough...

• Stoic said:

Translucent Bioluminescent Alien heads would be a very cool look to see.

Something like this.

Cool ref, thanks

• MaxC28MaxC28 Posts: 18

Okay, Josh. You released the G 8 Female version for "Supreme Intelligencia".... and she neither has "glowing brains"......or "other parts" -that glow in the dark!!

I mean YOU suggested it with her ptictured in the "Blade Runner"-like pros raincoat. Well, ....I will say she's got nice legs!!

• MaxC28MaxC28 Posts: 18

I mean think of this this way....we are the ones BUYING your model figures! WE are buying to see and have YOUR creativity!!

As a creative salesperson ...you should have looked at what was already existing. You've lost sight, -In My Opinion-, of what you are doing here at Daz3D.

True, we non-talented could "learn" to it. But then ...what would be the point of Josh being here.  

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    MaxC28 said:

I mean think of this this way....we are the ones BUYING your model figures! WE are buying to see and have YOUR creativity!!

As a creative salesperson ...you should have looked at what was already existing. You've lost sight, -In My Opinion-, of what you are doing here at Daz3D.

True, we non-talented could "learn" to it. But then ...what would be the point of Josh being here.  

I disagree! The point of him being here is to pay his bills, not please everyone which will never happen.

Keep doing what you are doing Josh, nice work!

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    edited November 2018
    MaxC28 said:

Okay, Josh. You released the G 8 Female version for "Supreme Intelligencia".... and she neither has "glowing brains"......or "other parts" -that glow in the dark!!

I mean YOU suggested it with her ptictured in the "Blade Runner"-like pros raincoat. Well, ....I will say she's got nice legs!!

I suggested nothing of the sort...

MaxC28 said:

Giving every customer everything they wanted would be losing sight, I think you got that the other way around there buddy... might wanna re-think that logic

Besides that, if your a PC+, you're getting a pretty awesome character for a really good price... an intro price of 65% off

Try on some gratitude for a change, might help with that attitude of yours

Post edited by Josh Crockett on
  • MaxC28 said:

I disagree! The point of him being here is to pay his bills, not please everyone which will never happen.

Keep doing what you are doing Josh, nice work!

Thank you

• MsteneMstene Posts: 30
    edited November 2018

Some stuff is on us as 3d artists I think.  The whole idea is we are able to purchase things that start off with something cool and you expand the vision on that.  I, for one, am so delighted to have Josh and his brain.  Where we take his creations then falls on us =)

Taking your idea, it took me about an hour and a half to do this with glowing brain in Daz.. the postwork on it it just to pretty it up more.

ss1250.JPG
    937 x 1192 - 73K
    Post edited by Mstene on
  • Mstene said:

Some stuff is on us as 3d artists I think.  The whole idea is we are able to purchase things that start off with something cool and you expand the vision on that.  I, for one, am so delighted to have Josh and his brain.  Where we take his creations then falls on us =)

Taking your idea, it took me about an hour and a half to do this with glowing brain in Daz.. the postwork on it it just to pretty it up more.

You rock :)