Ak-47 animation coming

Hi,

Here is the first "photoshoot" for the upcoming AK-47 animation. Feedback more than welcome :)

Best wishes,
Thomas

Screen-1.jpg
1280 x 720 - 71K
Screen-2.jpg
1280 x 720 - 54K
Screen-3.jpg
1280 x 720 - 70K
Screen-4.jpg
1280 x 720 - 73K
Screen-5.jpg
1280 x 720 - 51K
Screen-6.jpg
1280 x 720 - 47K

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

Well, since I was watching NVIDIA's presentation yesterday about the new RTX 2080 graphics cards with realtime raytracing support, the metal seems to lack some shiny raytracing reflections off its polished metal surfaces.
    Also the heavily coated wood surfaces need raytracing reflections to show off its thick coating.

Then again, 2 hours of raytracing propaganda from NVIDIA may have distorted my view of the reality...

Great work btw.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Looking forward to it.  I sent the pistol animation to a friend who is a serious gun fan/collector, he loved it (I think he has that pistol).

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

superb !

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

not into guns myself but was impressed with the pistol one too and subscribed, the mechanics certainly look fascinating and I am sure this one will too.

• ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I'm not a gun person, either, but the renders look excellent.  Interested in your progress.

Hi,

The animation is done. Feel free to comment on that one. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Thomas

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Awesome work, Thomas!  What was your workflow?  Was any of this done in Carrara?

Hi,

Thanks! It has all been done in Carrara. Modeling was done Houdini, Hexagon and Carrara Modeler. Explosion was simulated in Houdini and rendered in Carrara (with Octane). The mainspring was animated in Houdini and imported via the OBJ sequencer to Carrara.

Best wishes,
    Thomas

Much appreciate the details.  You have carved out quite a niche for yourself on youtube.  Very creative and inspiring, thanks!

Thanks alot!

Thomas, have you ever considered becoming a Daz PA and making your models available for purchase? 

Hi, not really :)