Content, Windows & Panes

Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763
edited August 2018 in Carrara Discussion

I started fiddling with Carrara 8.5 Pro. I was able to load Aiko 5 and move the cameras around, etc. I wanted to make the Content Pane (etc) larger, or move all that stuff onto my second screen. I did a Google search and found a thread on DAZ that must have contained outdated info. The Carrara 7 Help file that comes with Carrara is of no help. I don't suppose someone is writing a manual?

Post edited by Ron Knights on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited August 2018

Hya Ron,

There is a sticky at beginning of forum  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27874/carrara-8-5-documentation/p1 ; not sure how relevant is  ...

Dart did a good job but it's pretty massive https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15970/carrara-information-manual/p1

Maybe this will help ? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29973/carrara-on-multiple-monitors

A few unrleated hints :

Always set up your scene from the director's camera -

(if you do it while moving your Camera then that will be included when you edit>undo)

When you have something sleected hit 'zero' key and that will centre th objectin your view.

For aligning objects: Ctrl>K is your friend (windows) -

if you can't find something on your screen select something you can see (right click on the things you can see gives you a list) then hold down shift or ctrl and select what you cant see in the instances list (list on bottom right)

If you have managed to selecxt both things hit CTRl>K that will bring up an alignment window. Select all the axii. xyz

The second thing you selected will be aligned with the first thing.

When selecting things select the figure not the model (actor?)

Also one of the first things to do is  go to your preferences and select your hot keys - this will let you get around more quickly. (eg male Number 4 Key the left view key)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Ron,

theres a Carrara 7 manual and a Carrara 8 addendum. Searching for them on my phone and I can’t find them. Maybe someone else knows where they are 

edited August 2018

Ron,

theres a Carrara 7 manual and a Carrara 8 addendum. Searching for them on my phone and I can’t find them. Maybe someone else knows where they are 

I think the Carrara help menu brings up the Carrara 7 manual? Here's a pic of what it says

Untitjled-1.jpg
    919 x 1193 - 235K
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

The Carrara 7 Help file that comes with Carrara is of no help. I don't suppose someone is writing a manual?

You know, there was a time I was told by DAZ that someone was writing a Carrara 8 manual, and I even paid in advance for it.  I've learned not to pay in advance.  

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

Wow, you guys are helpful, but missed the mark, I think. I already looked at the Carrara help file (aka Carrara 7 manual, outdated). It didn't tell me how I can work with my windows and content pallates, etc. Do any of you have the answer to my question?!laugh

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited August 2018

Hello Ron, did you manage to get your Carrara working on 2 screens as per the link Headwax gave, if not scroll down the page to pscammp posts ? :- https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29973/carrara-on-multiple-monitors

Have you also got your directories for content sorted out ? There is a directory for the DAZ Studio My Library, another directory for your DAZ Studio Poser Runtime, and if you have Poser you can also add the Runtime for that as well.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20846/carrara-content-folder-set-up

My dual screen setup.

Carrara dual screen setup-1.png
    3840 x 1080 - 282K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Ron, did you mean the thumbnails for stock content in DAZ and DAZ Runtime directories?  There are two buttons, one for small and large previews of them next to the pink arrow Bunyip02 has drawn to show where you work with content files. The size increase isn't the biggest, but better than nothing if you are struggling with low vision.

There is also a programme you can get to customise your icons for your content.  It is a Runtime library manager & 3D viewer for Poser, Daz Studio and Carrara called P3dO Explorer pro 2.4.6 by Yarp and is over at the site that rhymes with monstrosity.  

indecision Silene

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

I want to move my browser panes over to the second monitor. I want it the same way I can do it with DAZ Studio. That way I can make my browser window larger.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I want to move my browser panes over to the second monitor. I want it the same way I can do it with DAZ Studio. That way I can make my browser window larger.

cannot sadly separate out of main pane but you can stretch it over two monitors and move all the panels within it

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    th3Digit said:

cannot sadly separate out of main pane but you can stretch it over two monitors and move all the panels within it

The two screen layout works very well, once you try it you will not want to go back !!!!

thanks for that advice Bunyip02 :)