converting V7 (G3) UV/displacement maps to V4 - possible?

hello there!

I have some Ultra-real displacement maps for V7, which I'd like to transfer to V4. problem is...you know...those maps are quite different. is there any tool that might do this, or is my only option is hours and hours on photoshop and hoping for the best?

I've heard there is some converter tool, but I couldn't find it for all my digging in the forums depths.

Comments

• Potentially you could adjust the shape of the Genesis 3 Female to match Victoria 4 then, in a suitable modelling application or a dedicated application, bake the maps from one figure to the other. There was some discussion of the process in a thread following the Genesis 3 or 8 release, using Blender as I recall though other applications would work.

• Potentially you could adjust the shape of the Genesis 3 Female to match Victoria 4 then, in a suitable modelling application or a dedicated application, bake the maps from one figure to the other. There was some discussion of the process in a thread following the Genesis 3 or 8 release, using Blender as I recall though other applications would work.

Interesting. as I thought and feared...this is quite a thorough process. I thought I could save time by converting, but I guess maybe sitting down and creating from scratch is not such a bad idea...

thanks for the comment and insight! :)

Interesting. as I thought and feared...this is quite a thorough process. I thought I could save time by converting, but I guess maybe sitting down and creating from scratch is not such a bad idea...

Well, it would depend on the balance of your skill set - and also whether it's soemthing you will do once (in which case the manual approach is probably better) or repeatedly (in whichc ase the tiem taken to set it up once and then reapply it for other maps might be a good investment).

Well, it would depend on the balance of your skill set - and also whether it's soemthing you will do once (in which case the manual approach is probably better) or repeatedly (in whichc ase the tiem taken to set it up once and then reapply it for other maps might be a good investment).

On both cases, it's something I'll do once and then I can re-use the maps on any V4 character I got :)

at the moment, I chose the second rout.