Genesis new morph targets question

SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hi
in Carrara after creating a new morph target for Genesis how do I access it outside of the modelling room?
I thought it would become available in the parameters tab but that does not appear to be the case.

Post edited by Sonofbelmont on

Comments

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited August 2013

I can't get this to work either or I'm missing something. Bug?

Also, a "rendering failed" error comes up if I try to remove unused morphs. I have to force quit Carrara.

Edit to add: Deleting the morph area in the model room doesn't work.The selected area remains. Tried 'Protected Topology', as well but it didn't help. This is a major bug that needs fixing before the release. @OP, sorry I couldn't help more.

Post edited by tbwoq on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I am unsuccessful at this too. What we can probably do as a work around is to create the morph on the base figure with no pose or other morphs applied. Then export to obj and import it into Daz Studio Pro as a new morph, and save the character asset.
    Instructions for saving morphs as asset
    Here's the Main Page that leads around to all manner of topics. Although it's all a "work in progress", it's an amazing place to learn how Daz Studio can really help to make our lives easier with the use of Genesis and a lot more. It's a tool kit set up that I think will become a very powerful, and even fun, method for getting our Genesis endeavors to be much more of an infinite solution than we've ever had with figures and working with them, in the past. And I hope that I'm right at that.

When I get some time, I'm planning to host some videos on the topic to help illustrate my point. It may sound somewhat complicated now... but pick a subject of interest from this menu, or something that seems to be the closest path to what you wish to achieve, and you'll soon see how simple DS can make some of these operations be to perform. And, like I said... it's fun, too.