FYI on finding Carrara Help

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Just a friendly reminder, and FYI for those whom might not know:
It's the season for me to be outside, so I haven't been 'at work' in the ►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄ for a while. Such happens especially during the warmer months when people need their things built from stone. It's cool and fun, but it's hard work and takes my energy away ;)

Well I've spent a bit of time recently updating the:
Forum Help Links
This is an index of threads found throughout this entire "Carrara Discussion Forum" and I've tried to categorize them in a manner to make it easier to find topics that you might find to be helpful. This way, you can easily access information that may have already been hashed over between other members - which can be extremely beneficial. What else can be truly helpful is - if the thread you chose seems to be on the right track, but doesn't get to the answer you were looking for, Post a reply to it, explaining what 'you' need on the subject. The next time someone goes to that same thread with a similar question in mind, you may have helped answer it with your inquiry - or perhaps you didn't ask and they did. Now, seeing the topic back on the first page, you decide to have a look and, sure enough... now the question you originally had is answered - "So that's how to do that!"
I'm hoping that this sort of indexing can eventually grow into the living manual that the whole thread is intended to become. I use this index all the time, to help to add links to questions that some people ask. I find it to be very efficient.

Carrara Walkthrough Main Index

This is a resource that I began to help some of the questions that people have asked me that I thought might be helpful more than a simple answer - so I write stuff up or now I'm starting to get more into screen capture tutorials - as sometimes I can 'show' you easier than I can explain. The first one, about shaders, needs to be completely replaced! lol as the rest of it is simply not editable into anything we can use - but I'll get it together. But quite a few people have found the browser and runtime information pretty useful - so I like to keep that stuff up. I plan to keep this going into many topics to easier show some of the many facilities that you have at your fingertips within Carrara.
I don't claim to be an expert, and there are often many other ways to do things other than how I do them. But I am a very sharing person. So I do my best to help absolutely anyone whom may come to this forum looking for answers, no matter what they may be about.
I am a true believer in the idea that "We all have to start somewhere" and I was new not that long ago - so I can relate.

Useful Links

This started this (and many other things) under requests from other members, and I need to do a bunch of work to it to fix it and make it more relevant to Carrara artists.Don't worry - it'll get better.

Tutorials Index

Part of the magic of using Carrara is the power of knowledge we get from being in this exclusive community of amazing CG artists. This is an small indexing of the tutorials I come across and that folks tell me about.

I hope this stuff helps.
Dartanbeck