bone

is it possible to move the hotpoint on a bone, if so how is this done, I tried using the caps lock but I was unable to move the hotpoint, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited August 2018

I think bone is really a misnomer as it is really a pivot point itself 

exporting to other softwares displays the bones quite differently but where you place the bone in Carrara is where that part of the mesh pivots

so no it would not be possible as there is no actual bone just points on the mesh that are weighted 

you can of course use the weight brush to change influence but if it is too far from the bone you will get stretching

I usually need to tidy up with the weightbrush on anything I rig

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

How is the figure rigged?

- if native Carrara rigging, you can click the "lock children" icon in the top menu, then edit the bone's properties without affecting the children, then unclick.  (believe the skeleton needs to be unattached)

- For Poser or Daz Studio figures, you need to edit the joints in Poser or Studio, respectively.

• mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    Diomede said:

How is the figure rigged?

- if native Carrara rigging, you can click the "lock children" icon in the top menu, then edit the bone's properties without affecting the children, then unclick.  (believe the skeleton needs to be unattached)

- For Poser or Daz Studio figures, you need to edit the joints in Poser or Studio, respectively.

I'm rigging in Carrara, exactly where is the lock children icon located, I don't see it listed in any of menus thanks...

I’m on my tablet away from my computer so can’t provide an exact answer. However, the lock child icon should be up near the top  of the Assemble room interface.  It is in the same general vicinity as the collision detection and use constraints icons.  I may not have the name of the tool exactly correct.  If you hover your cursor over the icons Carrara will provide the name of each tool.  Hopefully one is close.

I had had a problem rigging bent fingers recently so there should be a thread within the last half dozen pages that has the screenshots and the correct name.

edited August 2018

The following thread may be helpful

Scroll to the top to see the issue I had

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3259756/#Comment_3259756

Post edited by Diomede on
  • mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    Diomede said:

The following thread may be helpful

Scroll to the top to see the issue I had

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3259756/#Comment_3259756

got it, Thanks