Genesis eyebrows (product) help needed

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited August 2013 in The Commons

I like this product...expect...the lack of eyebrows

Does anyone know of how I can make more shapes for the product?

I have photoshop eyebrow brushes....but I"m not sure if those will work

The eyebrows that come with the product look nice, I"m not denying that. But I want more shapes

Post edited by assmonkey on

Comments

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I should also note...I"m willing to take eyebrows from any source to add onto the product (free source textures and put them on)

I just need to some help in figuring out how to get more shapes for this thing

I want to make my eyebrows look real (I normally remove the base brow to add my own) but they don't come out looking very real

edited December 1969

Ok...I've been playing with eyebrows

And the product doesn't like me

The diffuse color (texture map) is giving me issues)

The base color of the brows...it leaves that same color haloing around the edge of the brows...it even shows in the render, changes color when i play with the diffuse strength.

How do I fix that?

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Now, this kind of lies outside my field of interest (and expertise) but I can't help wonder if this plugin couldn't solve some of your annoyances?

From what I can tell it allows what you're after; more diversity on the eyebrows.

Note that I don't have experience with this plugin myself.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

The item does rely on the tone of the texture not changing a lot over the forehead as it applies a higher section to its under alyer to cover up the original brows - that's assuming you are applying the base material to the brow, of course, before applying the brows you want. An image might help us see what is happening.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited August 2013

Not sure why your having that problem. I also have the same product and I have no problems with it. Works fine for me.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

ShelLuser said:
    Now, this kind of lies outside my field of interest (and expertise) but I can't help wonder if this plugin couldn't solve some of your annoyances?

From what I can tell it allows what you're after; more diversity on the eyebrows.

Note that I don't have experience with this plugin myself.

That's the product I have

BUT i want to add more too it, that's giving me the issue

edited December 1969

Not sure why your having that problem. I also have the same product and I have no problems with it. Works fine for me.

I'm trying to add more shapes

The product itself isn't an issue

It's when I"m trying to make more (usins photoshop brushed and trying to make them onto the product)

I already remove the eyebrows on my base skin

But I want to expand on the Genesis Eyebrow product, but making my own textures

And that's what's giving me a problem, my own textures

edited December 1969

Ok, now I understand. :)

Have you made absolutely sure your trans map makes the skin ALL the way transparent and only your eyebrows visible? I ask because since your having problems, that could be a potential problem. Also, I'd look at the trans maps of the default product and try to accomplish what the Vendor accomplished there.

edited December 1969

Not sure how I messed up the trans map...it's a solid black back and the brows being white

edited December 1969

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/Vata_Raven/test_zpsc8db314f.jpg

that's what it's doing

See the little bit of the off in the render at the edge

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

It looks like you need a transparency map for the edges of the brow prop. Go into Runtime>Textures>CrisPalomino>Genesis_Brow and look at the GEF01alpha.png for an example.

edited December 1969

Can't I just use that map?

edited December 1969

Because that Alpha map in the folder is attached to the SkinFace part of the product, not the Eyebrow

edited December 1969

I figured it out!!!

The trans map for the eyebrows...the black needed to be taken out just a tad...it wasn't covering the texture map

Thank you for all the replies

edited December 1969

I figured it out!!!

The trans map for the eyebrows...the black needed to be taken out just a tad...it wasn't covering the texture map

Thank you for all the replies

Your welcome. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Are you going to make more eyebrows for your own personal use or are you going to sell them or give them away as freebies?