SY dForce Ropes, Vines and Tubes - no Documentation PDF?

Hi all

In the shop, the preview said there would be some PDFs available how to make use of this promising product, but I failed to find those PDFs or any other howtos in the installation folders. And so my first dForce tests with it failed epicly, the simulation posed the rope coil anywhere else but where it was supposed to be =)

Obviously it is not that easy, so me and maybe more users may need some guidance here ...

Thanks in advance

/JP

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

There are some tips in the ReadMe file, if that helps.

• I would also like to see the PDF. for the life of me i cannot get the end of the rope to stay where i want it, i have used the fill selected, set to 0 on the first 4 links in the rope, but this does nothing and the rope fully falls to the floor...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

shedofjoy_a0bca15db4 said:

I would also like to see the PDF. for the life of me i cannot get the end of the rope to stay where i want it, i have used the fill selected, set to 0 on the first 4 links in the rope, but this does nothing and the rope fully falls to the floor...

not sure about this one but point at in the parameters can be applied to any bone on a figure and helps things stay where you want (not as good as a Carrara tracking but better than nothing)

I find these sort of props hard to use simply because the scene pane has to be expanded so far to reach all the bones

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

I've only just come back to 3D a few months ago and not even played with force yet, so I can't help. But maybe you can ask here:

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/SY-dForce-Ropes-Tubes-and-Vines-is-out-759855188

There's also a link there to this tutorial: