The Bishops House {Commercial}

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
edited August 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

David Brinnen and I present....

The Bishops House. A  detailed historical house complete with vast grounds, tree and shrubs.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-bishops-house

laugh

Anna & David

TheBishopsHouse_popup_07.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 858K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 656K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_05.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 572K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_17.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 585K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_18.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 556K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_18b.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 553K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_19.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 711K
TheBishopsHouse_popup_20.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 756K
Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

No interior ( empty rooms)?

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

That's beautiful.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited August 2018
    gerster said:

No, it's a big enough set as it is. It's a full house exterior, interior would be too much for most people's PCs to withstand. Just empty floors/walls with basic textures.

Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on
  • Which building is it based on, if any? I was looking at the one in Birmingham in Josh Glancey's Lost Buildings for the interior, but I can't recall if it showed the exterior or if it was like this one.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gorgeous!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    gerster said:

No, it's a big enough set as it is. It's a full house exterior, interior would be too much for most people's PCs to withstand. Just empty floors/walls with basic textures.

So it does have an interior just not finished then.  I'm sure most of us can populate an empty interior.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,562

I honestly can't see a use for this type of scene in my renders, but I have to say this looks outstanding and I love the concept of a plot like this. I have a few of your latest products and the modeling and texturing are fantastic (as well as easy on the resources!!) and this looks just as great. Keep up the great work and I hope this does well for you!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

This looks  very, very good indeed.  I eagerly await further developments.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    gerster said:

It's more than adding a few walls ourself.
    Like openable doors/windows or transparent windows. I think adding good looking stairs isn't easy for the most of us.

• gerster said:
    gerster said:

It's more than adding a few walls ourself.
    Like openable doors/windows or transparent windows. I think adding good looking stairs isn't easy for the most of us.

This set was never designed to be an interior environment, so it's a false use of PC resources to add mesh and additional texture info that the user will never see. It'll just slow down render times. If we did detailed rooms of the interior of the house, they'd be modelled as separate high quality environments. Thus, giving the customer the best possible product. The windows all have glass and the house has emissive surfaces to simulate lighting from lights and fireplaces. Forgot to say.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Will you think of making a matching interior?  While I do not mind a house bigger on inside than outside, but not all houses are like that.  0.o

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

oh my god, why are you planning to take all my money?

• Will you think of making a matching interior?  While I do not mind a house bigger on inside than outside, but not all houses are like that.  0.o

If we can find good references, then yes.
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Lovely! I wants it! Hope money comes in soon!

• Very well done!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited August 2018

I've just bought this. The manual download version comes in two installers totalling almost 1.2 GB in size!  You certainly get your money's worth.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • Thanks, glad you are liking it. We look forward to seeing your renders.
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited November 2021

I bought this a little while ago but have only today used it in a scene. Excellent home exterior with enough outside grounds to be very useful and versatile. My only slight complaint is that I found it to be scaled too large - a G8 figure is dwarfed by the door or the wooden fence. I reduced the overall scale to 82% which seems about right.

Bishops House DAC.png
    1600 x 1280 - 4M
    Post edited by marble on