Opinions needed on male character's body shape

michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
edited August 2013 in The Commons

EDIT: I have changed the title, as I don't think i made it quite clear when i originally posted this that I was looking for advice on whether he was too skinny, his hips too narrow, etc.

I have been working on this character for a while, and I started using the M4 shape for Genesis, but then tried him with the M5 shape for his body. I had to keep the M4 head because the morphs looked all wrong otherwise. Anyway, he's supposed to be quite tall and slender. I would appreciate some advice/opinions on his shaping. Thanks :)

Lk_BODY-compare.jpg
547 x 715 - 110K
Post edited by michellecelebrielle on

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

the basic human adult body is about 7 "heads" tall, meaning if you stacked 7 heads of the figure from end to end you'd have the total height of that person most comic book bodies are 8. Most bodes in comic books are not proportional to what actual humans are.
    I find the daz figures heads to be a little small to my liking and I generally bump them up to about 105 - 116% depending on my camera.

You can probably go find articles on line that explain it better than I can but depending on what you want to accomplish with this figure like this
    http://www.idiotsguides.com/static/quickguides/artphotography/how-to-draw-manga-basic-female-body-shapes.html

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

the basic human adult body is about 7 "heads" tall, meaning if you stacked 7 heads of the figure from end to end you'd have the total height of that person most comic book bodies are 8. Most bodes in comic books are not proportional to what actual humans are.
    I find the daz figures heads to be a little small to my liking and I generally bump them up to about 105 - 116% depending on my camera.

You can probably go find articles on line that explain it better than I can but depending on what you want to accomplish with this figure like this
    http://www.idiotsguides.com/static/quickguides/artphotography/how-to-draw-manga-basic-female-body-shapes.html

Thanks for the reply :) Unfortunately I didn't make myself clear enough in my original post; I was looking more for advice on his shape rather than the scale of the whole body.