Injecting morphs

RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all :)

I'm trying to get a grip on how to inject morphs into a figure - specifically the Maturing Morphs pack for V4 at http://www.sharecg.com/v/67042/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Tempests-V4-Aging-Morphs-for-Genesis

I'm totally clueless in using this format and will appreciate any help - if needed, I have Studio and Poser Debut - but will either of these be necessary to get the morphs into Carrara?

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

You say the morphs are for V4 but the link leads to Genesis morphs. Which one do you want?

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hi Areneldon

Yes, the write-up is a bit confusing, but on closer examination, I see the pack was originally designed for V4 and converted to Genesis - I assume one would need the Genesis V4 clone or whatever it's called for the morphs to work - they certainly don't have any effect on the default Genesis and i haven't bought any Genesis content and won't until it works properly in Carrara.

Anyhow, I've now downloaded the original V4 pack, but am still clueless - what I'm actually looking for is the principle behind the process for injecting morphs, any Inj morphs.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Let me stress that I am *not* at all an expert on genesis, so it may be different for that figure.

For V4 (M4/V3/A4/M3 etc that I've also tried) I find that most morphs can be loaded onto the figure in Carrara. Select the 'hip' then drag and drop the morphs over the hip, and it should load.

*However* some morphs still do not load correctly in Carrara. My workaround is to build the character in Poser first, load all the morphs there with 'use limits' checked, then save the character as a 'figure' there. Then when I load Carrara and update my runtimes, I can find the pre-built character in the figures menu for my poser runtime, and drag it into the scene (I usually drag it to the instances menu and drop it right on 'Scene') this seems to work fine.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm no expert at this either. ;-)

But when I install a morph package, even a 3rd party one, I usually make sure it is in the proper runtime structure, then from the Content Browser, I load my base figure.

Sometimes other morph packages are required (morphs++ for example). It should tell you in the Read Me file with your morphs what else is required if any. If another morph package is required, I'll load those first. Then I'll navigate to the third party morphs and load those.

To load the morphs, I just select the top level of the figure in the Instances pane and then double click the icon for the morphs I want to load. If all goes well, and everything appears to work as it should, I adjust the morphs for the effect I want, adjust the shaders (or apply shaders I've already created) and save the figure to the Object Browser where it will be available for the next time I want to use it.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the help, guys - got it working by selecting hip and dragging onto the figure in the scene - got her saved in browser for later.

What has me confused is that all the morphs are named Matt....., but they are physical morphs - no mats, so she looks a bit odd with an old body and young texture - still, I have something that works and can do the mat painting myself.

Cheers:)