Invisible Stuff Visible In Eender

JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ok for some strange reason stuff that I have set to invisible both in the scene and render but are still visible. Could someone help.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Are you using the AoA subsurface shaders? There's currently a bug with them which makes invisible items visible. If you want to ensure they don't render you'll need to set their opacity to zero in the surfaces tab.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

No, just basic textures, problem is its the feet and toes and they stick out of a shoe.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited August 2013

I've had this happen too when hiding feet. The only solution I have found is to set the opacity to 0 in the surfaces tab as mentioned above.

Post edited by willowfan on
    edited December 1969

That only works if you are using boots high enough to cover the entire limb or have a custom trans map

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

In DS4.6 Select the figure Tools > Polygon Group Editor tool, Right click on the figure choose Selection Mode of Rectangle and draw a rectangle in the viewport window over what areas you want to hide. Holding down Ctrl and selecting more will add more polys to the selection. Then again right click and in the Assignment command menu choose to make a new Surface zone from selected, give it a name and then in the Surfaces Pane set the Opacity for the new zone to 0%.But it won't save as part of the scene. If you want to delete them entirely then miss the new surface assignment and choose to Hide Selected in the Visabilty menu when right clicking. Then open the Tool Settings Pane and in the Options Box choose Delete Hidden Facets. This will save when saved as a scene.

edited December 1969

You know I use the Polygon Group Editor Tool often and always keep forgetting that I have it in studio, I feel stupid. thanks Szark.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah I have been using it a lot lately. All that I posted was from memory so if you have any probs just shout.