Victoria 6 or Victoria 4?

3D.a.l.i.3D.a.l.i. Posts: 32
edited August 2013 in The Commons

Hi,
Im thinking of creating a female character to sell and was wondering If people would prefer a v4 or v6 character? Im asking this because v4 seems to be the best selling figure still and alot of characters are being created for her.
Also V4 textures can be used on v5 and v6 also.
Let me know,
Thank you :)

Post edited by 3D.a.l.i. on

Comments

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited August 2013

I won't be much help because I use and love Vicky 4.2, 5, & 6 :-P

That said, I'm looking forward to what you come up with :cheese:

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited August 2013

Hi,
    Im thinking of creating a female character to sell and was wondering If people would prefer a v4 or v6 character? Im asking this because v4 seems to be the best selling figure still and alot of characters are being created for her.
    Let me know,

V4 is the bestseller only among Poser users (and at Renderosity and RDNA), at least until and unless Dawn catches up to her. If you want to sell to DS users, you're better off making it for V5/V6 and on the V5 UV (since that works on both G1 and G2).

If you want to sell both, you can create a V4G/V4G2 character by using the V4 UV but doing a morph for all three.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • 3D.a.l.i.3D.a.l.i. Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Let me know,

V4 is the bestseller only among Poser users (and at Renderosity and RDNA), at least until and unless Dawn catches up to her. If you want to sell to DS users, you're better off making it for V5/V6 and on the V5 UV (since that works on both G1 and G2).

If you want to sell both, you can create a V4G/V4G2 character by using the V4 UV but doing a morph for all three.
    I like that idea ;)
    Thank you

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

V6 please on either the V5 uv set or V6's.

Cheers,

S.K.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Let me know,

I like that idea ;)
    Thank you
    I think a lot of people would like it, as it affords the most flexibility.
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Although I use both, my runtime is kind of saturated with V4 characters. V6 on the other hand is in desperate need of new shapes and textures. So as far as I am concerned, I would prefer V6.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I can share that for myself, I have too many V4 skins, and I'm not planning on getting any more. These days if I see something uses V4 UV, that counts against it.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

I personally love skins that use the V4 UV, as they work with my V4, my Genesis, and my Genesis 2 Female, and are compatible with 99% of the makeup/freckles/etcetera resources, not to mention all the V4 specular/SSS maps out there.

The V6 or V5 UVs are better optimized though, so it's all down to personal preference, I suppose.

I won't buy a character just for a V4 shape though, no matter how distinctive it is.