Is there a way not to have DS4.6 open at an angle? ... resolved

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,746
edited October 2013 in The Commons

Is there a way not to have DS4.6 open at an angle?

Post edited by WillowRaven on

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

The direction the default camera is pointing in? ... change the startup scene.
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,746
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

The direction the default camera is pointing in? ... change the startup scene.

How ... lol.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited August 2013

. Setup and save a scene containing only what you want to appear everytime you start DS. For example, add a camera, name it, set camera parameters to want you want as "default" (specifically pointing straight ahead, or whatever)... perhaps add a commonly-used figure or two (if you almost always start by adding a figure - if not, then don't). Remember that these will be the settings you _always_ get, everytime you start a new DS session;

. Edit -> Preferences -> Startup tab, tick that "Load file" option, and select the path to your "default scene" you set up. In the example below, I'm using "startup-test.duf"... but I notice my original startup file was genesis.duf (but I prefer to have nothing loaded in my default scene, so I had cleared the tickbox);

. Accept, quit DS, and restart - and voila (^_^)d.

Below is an example of my default scene - a camera which is "straight", and a small ground plane. You can have whatever you prefer in yours. of course ^_^.

The only thing to be careful of is not to hit "Save" after you've been working for a little while - because that will then overwrite your "defaults" file with what you've done so far. "Save As..." is the way to go (or make a backup copy of your "defaults" file somewhere else once you've got it as you like it - then when you do go and accidentally Save something on top, you can restore it easily).

startup-scene-ss.png
    932 x 700 - 80K
    startup-test-ss.png
    445 x 505 - 18K
    Post edited by M F M on
  • ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Also keep in mind that this approach can be used for individual scenes as well. By default a scene will reset to the perspective view once you (re)open it. But if you add a camera and have it selected before you save your scene then it will always default to that camera whenever you load the scene again.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,746
    edited December 1969

Worked like a charm. Thanks :D