DIM and Genesis

GKDantasGKDantas Posts: 200
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi people, I am just back to work now and I am very lost with DIM.

I have an organized Runtime for all V and M 4 figures so I cant install things using DIM there (its really very organized there!), so I want to add all Genesis content in the only DS folder, but how can I identify what is for Genesis and what is for V4, M4 or any other figure inside it??

I dont find a way to identify things by character in DIM and this is very frustating to install things and update old stuff in the old Runtime.

Any idea how to procede??

Comments

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

There's a few tricks you could use. Two slightly counterintuitive ones:

Use the dowload filters to show you only content for DS version LESS than 4. (Check DS 3 and DS <3. Don't have DS 4 or 4.5+ selected.) That should hide all genesis content. Then select everything still visible, right-click ->hide packages -> all selected. Then go back to your filters, recheck DS 4 and 4.5+ and what will remain will be largely genesis. There will probably be some other things that slip through this. Glance through the results.

Other option is to use the filter for DSON Importer to identify Genesis things just don't actually select the PoserCF files to install. This one is trickier in some ways because often the actual files you want won't be tagged for DSON, only the PoserCF files will be. But if a DSON companion file exists for it, you know the corresponding product will be for genesis, so you at least know what's what. And it's pretty easy to go through and select a batch of things to install all at once.

There might be a better way, since the search field can take regular expressions, and it seems likely there's good way there that is not immediately occurring to me.

edited August 2013

A flaw with my second suggestion - certain genesis items like morphs packages won't have DSON files, so it won't work for them.

I do think in general, the strategy of hiding the things NOT for genesis is a good way to go. You can also search for V4, then hide everything that comes up. Search for M4, hide everything, too. Etc. They will stay hidden (until you unhide them). Then sort by date and start checking the boxes to install from the most recent, eyeballing to see what thing are.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • GKDantasGKDantas Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Thanks Storypilot, I will try those, I think DAZ3D could add a keyword for every character, I am seeing content even for old V3 and others there.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As most V4 M4 older items are not SMART (well are getting that way I now see) you could use two Content folders ONE for Genesis Only. Then set the Folders in DIM to be DS4+ for Genesis and the Other for DS3 and that should work. I have a Double Content set up and It broke nothing so far.

edited December 1969

No problem, hope it helps. Could be easier, certainly, so many things about managing content libraries could be. DIM has made many aspects a lot easier for me, so I'm definitely glad for it as a tool. And they've been adding features to it, so likely at some point we'll have more options.

Good luck; I'm hoping that first suggestion, isolating and hiding things compatible with DS 3 and below ought to give pretty decent starter results, so I'd try that first. You'll end up with .duf format props and things in there too.

Keep in mind you can click the "i" for info button to quickly link to a product readme page. I know I see names like "Pale Shadows" etc., and am not sure what I'm looking at and that button comes in handy. Not to pick on Pale Shadows, that was the first thing I saw in DIM just now with a semi-ambiguous name.