Fenric is no longer a DAZ vendor

2»

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

speaking of...anyone knw hw to reach inagoni?

This is the only trace I found: https://www.linkedin.com/in/julien-chaplier-b6233111

• The Knights of Carrara versus the Iron Lung and his band of cullers.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

my poser skills are rusty now, but would like to try again to brink miki3 into rara

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    3drendero said:

Bummer.

DAZ does not understand that they are hurting their sales of Carrara.

Hope to see the plugins elsewhere soon.

I dont think DAZ has any interest in 'selling' Carrara. Hardly a mention on their website.Go to the homepage  - HEXAGON gets a big splash though !

Even Carrara Cafe [ Daz backed ] is not a sales platform. This forum is Carrara's best salesman - whoops salesperson !

At least Fenrick and Inagoni have their own websites

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Oh no!  Best wishes for you, Fenric in all your endeavors.  Your stuff has been a great help to everyhing I do in Carrara.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

I was able to purchase the Shader Doctor via Fenric's site - thanks to Fenric for making this available!

• holyforestholyforest Posts: 2
    edited October 2018

Holyforest is no longer à DAZ 3D vendor.

Post edited by holyforest on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

very sorry to hear that :(

Looks like the passive agressive attack on Carrara is losing the passive aspect

It would be good if yourself and the other excommunicated could get a little selling group together

thanks for your shaders - they are terrific

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

I use your fur shaders DAILY and they give me inspiration to enhance and experiment with them.  Thank you and hope you and other will find a way to market to us in the future.

heart Silene

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Sorry to see you dropped.  A lot of Carrara vendors were culled last month.

However, according to PA's who regularly post here, to get back in the store, Daz basically requires you to make a new product every so often.  Is there any chance that you could make a new Carrara shader pack in the near future?

Hope so.  But either way, thanks for your efforts.  Wishing you the best.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Your shaders are amoung my favourites for Carrara, would be nice if they resurfaced in some form either here or elsewhere !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Sad to hear.  Wishing you the best.  I use your shaders regularly.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Your shaders are amoung my favourites for Carrara, would be nice if they resurfaced in some form either here or elsewhere !!!

+1, dont think i have them all

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    Mystarra said:

+1, dont think i have them all

Add me to list of interested folks

--ms

• Hello, 

For those who want to put some free or sample stuff, there is Carrara Cafe, we  could host some stuff. I would love to offer a permanent place for people to sell Carrara stuff and content, however we do not have staff to maintain the commercial and sales features not to mention keep it secure.  (already had horrors to recover from hacking attacks...)   But we could probably make a workaround by making a centralized list of items to purchase via online shopping solutions. In my opinion it is not good to kill off shops of vendors who are less active, what matters is to have quality stuff to offer. 

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited November 2018

A possible sales option would be to publish item descriptions/blurbs/images/tutorials at carraracafe, and create 'buy now' links that point to a consolidated gumroad.com site - which would probably be much easier to manage/trust for the sales funtions. (rough idea, but essence is probably viable)...

I would love to see these orphaned products remain available and the producers still get their due credit ($) for their creative investments...

2c,

--ms

(edit - rephrasing/typos)

Post edited by mindsong on
  • makmamakma Posts: 54

Maybe it is possible for DAZ to give us the Last Chance Sale on BlackFriday and CyberMonday to buy the Fenric and Inagoni plug-ins?

• YofielYofiel Posts: 204

Id be delighted to host carrara plugins on my server for free. Just let me know :)

https://www.yofiel.com ;

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 303
    MerKhrys said:
    3drendero said:

Bummer.

DAZ does not understand that they are hurting their sales of Carrara.

Carrara last update is over 5 years old now and daz support said recently that "Carrara is not currently under active development, for any platform". Plus not natively compatible with the last two generations of characters.

I don't think they care much about the sales of Carrara now.

3drendero said:

Hope to see the plugins elsewhere soon.

And what Daz does not seem to realize or care about is that they would have had way more sales from one customer alone (me) - had they made the latest 2 generations of characters compatible with Carrara! I only now buy Gen 1 and Gen 2 products (which do not always even work with 3d part vendros' products, so I'm getting more and more hassles with these too and lost some money as a result Exporting them from Daz as duf do not work when trying to import into Carrara, and the collada or fbx formats lose their conforming figuer traits or some useable morphs. 

I've been using Carrara for everything because my workflow for a large, longterm project entails constant modelling ibeing ntegrated with readymade, poseable Daz or Poser characters and clothing in (often) large scenes. Granted, Carrara is not the best modelling software, so I use Cinema 4D more and more for complex modelling. That said - Carrara has been a unique 3D solution in this regard (unlike any other 3D package that I know). And this is my humble opinion, but the last Carrara promotional video made did not focus much on this fact (It tried to sell itsellf as a "competitive" 3d modelling and animation program with repetitive examples instead of focusing on its unique capabilities with complete, poseable characters with a good and fast render engine AND its to integration with intermediate modelling and relatively good animation capabilities. That video 5 years ago was pretty but it did not impress me.

So alas, it seems like my customer support and patriotism for Daz (since it was called Zygote back in the day) is slowly going to die a silent death.

Tragic.

Sorry to see you go Fenric!

I still wanted to buy your Carrara plugin that hides Genesis bones when they are selected - very frustrating to work on facial morphs with the bones interfering visually!.

Please let me know when you have a new home for your good stuff!

Fenric said:

So, it would seem that I have been dropped from DAZ's roster. This is no great suprirse as it has been several years since I last submitted anything and DAZ has always had a policy of "pruning" unproductive people (honestly, it is more surprising that they kept me this long).

I think I have the submission files from all of the products, so I'll try to find a new home. Unfortunately, YUR Digital folded, and there's no way I'd last at Rendo - they're even more aggressive with their whole "clearance" thing... I don't know. 

Fenric, can't you start your own web site? Nowadays it is so easy to setup even a business site with all the e-commerce features via Wix.com for instance,

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

if you email Fenric you may be able to organise purchases with him... I did, no probs. yes

if you email Fenric you may be able to organise purchases with him... I did, no probs. yes

Thanks - good to know!. I sent him a message via the Forums, I hope he will read it (unlees you have his e-mail)?

I think it is time that all Carrara users start to put pressure on Daz to sell the prodcut to somebody else to enable further development.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    cobusp said:

And what Daz does not seem to realize or care about is that they would have had way more sales from one customer alone (me) - had they made the latest 2 generations of characters compatible with Carrara!

They obviously did realize it, since they had started working on a version of Carrara supporting Gen3 figures long ago. No idea why they stopped though...

• cobusp said:

I think it is time that all Carrara users start to put pressure on Daz to sell the prodcut to somebody else to enable further development.

To put on pressure, you need leverage.  Carrara users have no leverage.

cobusp said:

Thanks - good to know!. I sent him a message via the Forums, I hope he will read it (unlees you have his e-mail)?

You might use the email from his website.  Google Fenrics Fox Den.

• one of us needs to win an Academy award for animation using just Carrara

then they might sit up laugh

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

one of us needs to win an Academy award for animation using just Carrara

then they might sit up laugh

Or all of us asa team. Strength in numbers.

• I agree that "Carrara isn't Carrara without a Fenric plugin!".

I also agree that HiveWire would probably be happy to have you.

Very glad I bought all of your things while they were available -

hope you can keep them available for newcomers.

If web sales and payment gateways were not such a train wreck,

I would offer to host your things myself. But as it is, I'm not trying

to sell anything on the web until I see some changes. Best wishes!!!