Halloween Beer Party: Waste Some Time Here, Hah, ha

2»

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited October 2018

Thanks Diomede! Here is a version that looks a lot less muddy. I dropped the old film filter to do it. I still think it looks creepy. Youtube really threw out a lot of the luminosity data when they added their own compression. Grrr..

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited October 2018

evilproducer ,

The colors stand out now.....

another voice quote from Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein, "Crazy Am I"  I have read the novel once, also Dracula, but I haven't re-read them and instead focus on watching the old Universal Studio versions of both, even the kooky sequels of each which are a lot of fun.

I don't find the Hammer version screenplays as interesting although the acting is always great. Peter Cushing, as Dr. Frankenstein, is such a jerky creep in the Hammer versions of their Frankenstein film series that I would like to personally kick him into an acid vat, but as always Peter Cushing is excellent in the role.

One really well made Hammer Horror film which almost no one seems to know about is the "Gorgon." Christopher Lee is great in the film as a professor, and Peter Cushing plays a pigheaded tightass jerk who finally gets "stoned", Hurrah

The attached picture is from the "Monsters in Motion" website

Frankenstein Crazy Am I Resin Model Assembly Kit.jpg
    474 x 458 - 66K
    Post edited by Retro Lad on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

RE: Hammer Films - I encourage anyone and everyone to create something inspired by Hammer for Halloween.  The following guide to Hammer Horror may be helpful, and fun.  wink

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/HammerHorror

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

tee hee

1st season

couldnt find a pet spot episode

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited October 2018

I read somewhere that a screenplay was either considered, or wriiten, for a Hammer "Quatermass" film wherein Quatermas meets Werner Von Braun. Weird

I also read somewhere that a fourth Quatermass film was supposed to be made a year following the release of the third Quatrmass film, but for some reason it was cancelled. Too bad, because when they finally did make the fourth film it was a long time later and I didn't care for the story, or the direction of it.

Quatermass had a daughter who was a mathematician, and his atomic rockets blasted off from a base in Australia, in the TV series versions. Have any of you Australian Carrarians heard of the "conspiracy theory" that there is an American Space Base somewhere in Australia that is the main Earth Base for a Secret Space Program that launches noisless anti-gravity spaceships to secret bases on the Moon, Mars, and a planet in Alpha Centauri?

Pull up seat and watch your Hammer films, Retro Style.           Amicus films were very good too, especially their Horror Anthologies.

_017.jpg
    800 x 600 - 34K
    Post edited by Retro Lad on

halo weener snacks

dont look if yoo diabetic

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2018

have cheese instead

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Thankyou Pam, Misty. As a newly diabetic, I'm trying not to look . . . .  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited October 2018

type 1 or 2 Tim?

I read the other day that the 100 year old vacination for TB has had great results for eliminating type 1 diabetes..

http://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2018/06/21/vaccine-diabetes-bcg-type-1

Post edited by Stezza on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Type 2.

Type 2.

me too

haveta watch out for sodium too, makes me retain fluid, gained and lost 17lbs within 3 weeks.   >.<

low sodium party snacks 

sets out a pitch​er of butter beer and a halloween bowl of mini kitkats

Thankyou Pam, Misty. As a newly diabetic, I'm trying not to look . . . .  

Sorry to hear that! Living with it is doable! You'll just find different foods that you enjoy.

edited October 2018
    Chohole said:

have cheese instead

How about some real cheese from Wisconsin! cheeky
    https://www.mariekegouda.com

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 8.04.01 PM.png
    2172 x 1956 - 7M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

gets out the cabana and crackers

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604