High level functions library?

Pardon my stupid question but is there a library with high level functions somewhere? What I see in the samples is all pretty low-level coding.  I would expect there is a library with compiled and documented standard tasks like

result =SavePoseFile(filename, [actors, options])

with result some sort of return code. 

Comments

• To save there are several methods available under DzContentMgr - but you need to select the target first (with node.selecte(true);). There are several samples showing ways to use the various Save As functions http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#save_filters - alot of the code is error checking because, unlike Poser, it is possible for a populated sceen to have no or multiple selections (and there's also error checking to make sure that ContentMgr is available and so on, which may perhaps not be absolutely necessary but is prudent).

• Great, thanks.

System is 99% complete now in Poser. 

Time now to update the interface protocols and the functional blocks map. That will give me my shopping list for the DS version. 

I am afraid I willwill have to bother you again then.

• To save there are several methods available under DzContentMgr - but you need to select the target first (with node.selecte(true);). There are several samples showing ways to use the various Save As functions http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#save_filters - alot of the code is error checking because, unlike Poser, it is possible for a populated sceen to have no or multiple selections (and there's also error checking to make sure that ContentMgr is available and so on, which may perhaps not be absolutely necessary but is prudent).

Rob points out that the actual base application (DzCore) is very basic, and can be run without UI or plug-ins (which provide much of what we think of as the bare-bones DS) - hence the error checking for things that seem unlikely to be absent from a user perspective.