Benedict Cumberbatch For G8M

I want to see someone similar to Benedict Cumberbatch for G8M. 

Comments

• There is one for g3m on rendo. It would be easy enough to convert to g8m

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

There is one for g3m on rendo. It would be easy enough to convert to g8m

It was....Cumberpatch-esque.....ish.... adjacent.....not quite. :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

Um, there are a lot of stuff at rendo, so how would I find it?

RKane_1 said:

It was....Cumberpatch-esque.....ish.... adjacent.....not quite. :)

Oh.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I think DAZ doesn't really encourage the creation of celebrity 'clones'. There are definitely some in the store (and today's specials include a set of "body morphs inspired by the sensuous forms of real celebrities"), but my sense is that they'd rather not deal with the potential complications. Promo materials tend to make any connection between the character and the celebrity implicit rather than explicit. Artwork suggests links to characters played by the celebrity, rather than to the celebrity themselves. For example, if a DAZ artist wanted to make a clone of an actress -- let's call her Serafina Julie, for the sake of argument -- well known for her iconic role as Lyra Craft, Grave Robber -- you might find a promo image or two of the character dressed in her distinctive Grave Robber costume, but you wouldn't find anything explicitly identifying the character as a clone of Serafina. (This is, you understand, a purely hypothetical example that has no connection whatsoever to any products currently in the DAZ store).

I do know that one 'clone', based on a very recognizable public figure, ended up leaving the DAZ store. It can now be found on Renderosity, with rather different promo art to make it look less like the person it was modeled on. I suspect that there may have been some letters from lawyers behind the scenes there.

So you might not get an exact Cumber-match, as it were, but rather a character who looks vaguely like him, but not enough to either (a) satisfy your requirements, or (b) bring the lawyers down on DAZ.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2018

Found out it was for Genesis 2, not 3 on Rendo.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sherman-for-genesis-2-male/112786/

Post edited by RKane_1 on