Cartoonized is awesome

Comments

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited October 2018

Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Male:  I find that the documentation for this product has discrepancies and is misleading.

The store page states that there are:

13 face shapes, the product images states that there are 9 face shapes, and actually in DS there are only Cartoon Face Shape 01 - 05.

8 jaw Shapes, images agrees, and in DS, only 4 jaw shapes

8 eye shapes, image agrees, and in DS, 4 eye shapes

8 nose shapes, image agrees, and in DS, 4 nose shapes

8 lip shapes, image agrees and in DS, 0 lip shapes - now if lip = mouth and the morph sliders are labelled differently than the product information, then there are 4 mouth shapes

So where are the rest of the morphs?

Having just installed Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Female, the same discrepencies are present there as well.

Post edited by gitika1 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

When this was discussed previously, we were told that each shape can be dialed in positive and negative direction. That was counted as 2 shapes. Yes, I agree, it is misleading, confusing and inconsistent with the way other products are described.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,061
    edited October 2018

I finally had time to try out Cartoonized for G8 (though I transferred the morphs to G3). I ended up opening a scene I had done previously to see what the Wizard King would look like Cartoonized. It has a certain charm :).

WizardKing_Cartoonized_Comparison.jpg
    943 x 600 - 523K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Wish I had a bit more time to play with this as it is so much time.  I'll be trying it on a variety of male characters when I get a chance.  Here are a couple renders of cartoonized Kieron, including one postworked to give a comic book or illustrated effect.  Once again, many thanks to the PA for making this fun and useful product.

kieron cartoonized test render with bouquet.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 588K
    cartoonized kieron - no postwork.jpg
    1582 x 1780 - 893K
    cartoonized kieron - postworked.jpg
    1582 x 1780 - 1020K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,164

Great images, Gigi_FenixPhoenix and Worlds_Edge, please keep them coming.

I also agree, that using Cartoonized on the existed characters add certain charm to them.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    wsterdan said:

I’m getting this and also hope a male version is in the works  

OMG YOU GUYS !!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !!
    I was concerned to do the male version, but it seems like you really want it ! YOU GOT ME , I'M DOING IT!

Excellent, I’m going to trust you and purchase the female now (I wasn’t going to buy without a male version).

Thanks for what looks to be an excellent product.

— Walt Sterdan 

And the male version is now purchased as well, thanks for following through! Great product!

— Walt Sterdan

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

Wish I had a bit more time to play with this as it is so much time.  I'll be trying it on a variety of male characters when I get a chance.  Here are a couple renders of cartoonized Kieron, including one postworked to give a comic book or illustrated effect.  Once again, many thanks to the PA for making this fun and useful product.

Those are good. The Male cartoonized product is more effective than the female one I think.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Love both of these, here is The Monster and his Bride

38111FE2-9CDC-4ED2-BCCC-DD5A50BD1E64.png
    945 x 990 - 2M
    dkgoose said:

Love both of these, here is The Monster and his Bride

Looks good! Though the Bride's eyes seem a bit strange, like there's a problem with the materials. Or do they have a texture?
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited October 2018

Thanks :) I noticed them too they render fine with lighter scenes mane because they’re a red color and it’s darker lit

Post edited by Dkgoose on
    dkgoose said:

Thanks :) I noticed them too they render fine with lighter scenes mane because they’re a red color and it’s darker lit

The iris does look to have a reddish tint, but what I find strange is the dark spot in the corner of her eye, as if there's a problem with the sclera's material. I don't owe the character so I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. I thought at first the sclera was stained, but the line is too sharp. Like there's a black triangle in the corner of her eye.

edited November 2018
    AislingFin05pic01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 229K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2018
    TrajannGroup09pic05ABasCorr.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 489K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Looks awesome, @Artini. I love the child in the middle. His pose suggests he's the leader of their small group.

Thanks a lot, Gigi_FenixPhoenix. I also like his pose, as well, and cartoonized added something significant to his look.

• Artini said:

Thanks a lot, Gigi_FenixPhoenix. I also like his pose, as well, and cartoonized added something significant to his look.

I agree. I think he could fit right into the walking dead as an antagonist. He just has the jarring effect of someone having a lot of power despite being a child.

Thank you very much, barbult.

Cartoonized Trajan, and then same but with Luca materials.  

Trajan test cartoonized.png
    3000 x 1854 - 7M
    Trajan cartoonized Luca materials .jpg
    1728 x 1854 - 394K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965
    edited November 2018

I already had the female pack but I bought the male pack today. It's a great extension to use with Morpheus for Genesis 3 Male the Guy 7 Pro Bundle, (I transferred those morphs to Genesis 8 Male), DO Head & Body Morphs for G8M, Toon Generations, and the Dwayne 8 Pro Bundle! It's like a quite set of shortcuts to create toons.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Agreed @nonesuch00  I think we got a lot of wonderful products/tools for toon creation and entertainment.  

edited November 2018

Mei Lin 8 cartoonized at 60%.

MeiLin04pic02vcl.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 512K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2018
    HannMei06pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 328K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Really nice!
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,162

She's lovely @Artini smiley

Thanks a lot, barbult and Mollytabby.

edited November 2018

Lee 8 cartoonized.

Lee8Hanfu08pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 305K
    Post edited by Artini on

This is a combo of Latonya and Mabel cartoonized.

She looks nice, barbult.

• Hello,
    Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Female does not work on my Mac, neither the morphs nor the shapes work. The Daz version is 4.10.0.123 Pro

All the other morphs and shapes I have are working properly.

tjawer