Cartoonized is awesome

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953

hmmm I'd ask how was it installed?

• It was installed with the install manager.

Try uninstalling it then reinstalling see if that helps

• Uninstall and Reinstall did not help.

hmmm I always install manually soooo may we can get somebodyelse to chime in here

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,229
    edited November 2018

Big glasses for big eyes:

Big Glasses Big Eyes.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I read the whole thread and have a couple questions I didn't see an answer for as I read.

The first being this.... AllieCatBlue stated she used redz tutorial to transfer to G3F...what tutorial is this and where do I find it, also is the transfer talking about morphs or textures?

The second is for Barbult...you mentioned you removed some maps to make the hair look more toon. Any chance you have a brief tutorial or suggestion on what to do so I could try this?

Third is for Divamakeup. Though I haven't tried yet, I did buy the IRRSY (I might be remembering the name wrong) for converting iray to 3Delight and wondered if this would work on your toon skins and/or if you will be including a 3Delight version of the product?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,916

That is great, Barbult, and I like eyelashes very much.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited November 2018

Uninstall and Reinstall did not help.

It's there but not so easy to find. Go to the paramters tab with the desired G8F or G8M model chose and in the 'search' box at the top of the paramaters tab type 'cartoon' and you will see the 'missing product'

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    Artini said:

That is great, Barbult, and I like eyelashes very much.

smileyI dialed in the Cartoon Lashes.

I read the whole thread and have a couple questions I didn't see an answer for as I read.

The first being this.... AllieCatBlue stated she used redz tutorial to transfer to G3F...what tutorial is this and where do I find it, also is the transfer talking about morphs or textures?

The second is for Barbult...you mentioned you removed some maps to make the hair look more toon. Any chance you have a brief tutorial or suggestion on what to do so I could try this?

Third is for Divamakeup. Though I haven't tried yet, I did buy the IRRSY (I might be remembering the name wrong) for converting iray to 3Delight and wondered if this would work on your toon skins and/or if you will be including a 3Delight version of the product?

I selected the hair in the Scene pane and opened the Surfaces pane. Then in the surfaces pane I selected all the hair surfaces other than the scalp and removed the image maps from the surfaces like Base Color, Cutout Opacity, etc. Don't remove the scalp Cutout Opacity. Just experiment. To remove an image map, click on the little square image icon and select None.

edited November 2018

Cartoonized Kichiro, and also Masako and Yuan from East Asian Women for Mei Lin 8

https://www.daz3d.com/kichiro-hd-for-lee-8

https://www.daz3d.com/east-asian-women-for-mei-lin-8

KichiroYuanMasako04pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 240K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Uninstall and Reinstall did not help.

It's there but not so easy to find. Go to the paramters tab with the desired G8F or G8M model chose and in the 'search' box at the top of the paramaters tab type 'cartoon' and you will see the 'missing product'

There are all files for Cartoonized are available.

If I move one of the cartoonized sliders, there is no change to the model.

All other controllers that have nothing to do with Cartoonized respond properly
    and there are changes to the model.

Well I'm actually doing a render with a Cartoonized model now & those controls won't even show up unless a model that has them is selected so the controls sliders do work. If you are using iRay Preview mode for your viewport view maybe that is the problem? Try Texture Shaded mode for your viewport mode and you should see slider changes with Cartoonized almost instantly. Some of the slider changes are more subtle than others. Since Cartoonized works fine for me I can't think of why yours isn't. Sorry

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited November 2018

Be sure to add (value/percentage) first to the slider called "cartoonized" which shows the full figure as an icon. If you don't, the others may give you more subtle results than you're expecting. If that doesn't fix it. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling the product.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited November 2018

Just recently started playing with this, lol, gotta say it is so much fun to play with I'm getting very little work done.

This is Charlotte 8 with Cartoonizer applied and a bit of playing with shader to make the textures look less "human".

I lied, first pic is base G8 with modified Charlotte texture, second pic is with Charlotte morph added in.

Toon Charlotte 8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 458K
    Toon Charlotte 8 Full.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 444K
    Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Just recently started playing with this, lol, gotta say it is so much fun to play with I'm getting very little work done.

This is Charlotte 8 with Cartoonizer applied and a bit of playing with shader to make the textures look less "human".

I lied, first pic is base G8 with modified Charlotte texture, second pic is with Charlotte morph added in.

I love your toon Charlotte! 

I can only agree - looks great, Aave Nainen.

edited December 2018

Now we got a nice and unique smiles for our Genesis 8 Female based characters:

https://www.daz3d.com/20-unique-smiles-hd-for-genesis-8-females

Below is an iray render of cartoonized BD Bronte with Unique Smile 01 HD

https://www.daz3d.com/bd-bronte-for-the-girl-8

https://www.daz3d.com/layla-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

Bronte02pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 216K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2018

Another example of her - with Unique Smile 02 HD

Bronte03pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 244K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2019

Cartoonized Christian 8.

Christian05pic01_SunnyDay.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 246K
    Post edited by Artini on

Good to see Cartoonized is effective with so many render themes too...here are two I recently did as well.

Although Cartoonized is most effective for closeup portraiture renders with such realistic materials. I think in the future I should pick out more cartoonized shader materials as well.  

Looks great, nonesuch00.

Cartoonized is my go to solution for many of my renders.

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

Those are pretty cute!

edited March 2019

Bridget 8 with cartoonized applied.

Bridget813a.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 342K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    Artini said:

I am a bit dissapointed with Surgical Beauty, especially after watching the documentary about Hedy Lamarr

Artini said:

Bridget 8 with cartoonized applied.

That is nice. I bought Joe Quick's Toon Boy & Toon Girl today & they at 25% on character make good 'child morphs' of the same characters 'Cartoonized' at 100%.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,802

Vroooom

Thanks a lot, nonesuch00, and great tip on Joe's Quick toons -  have to try them for myself.

edited March 2019

Nice looking toon image, Bunyip02_Carrara.

Which character is in it?

Post edited by Artini on