Carrara 8.5 Serial Number - where is it?

Bought 8.5 Pro this morning - no serial number in email or in my account information.

(And C8.0 Pro S/N fails as invalid.)

Post edited by peterhartquist_541ea36713 on

Comments

• IllusionArt 3DIllusionArt 3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Having the same... no 8.5 Serial in my list and I made certain it's not hiding on the second page.

• bearbear Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Same same no serial number here as well :(

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Could it be the same as the C8 Serial?

I can't buy it to test, but it's worth a try...

• edited December 1969

Could it be the same as the C8 Serial?

I can't buy it to test, but it's worth a try...

Nope, it was the first thing I tried - C8.0 S/N fails as invalid.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

WE have flagged this up

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

The same as Carrara 8.0 pro, serial number distribution delayed for a day or two.
    Ain't no surprise.

• edited December 1969

KennyLee said:
    The same as Carrara 8.0 pro, serial number distribution delayed for a day or two.
    Ain't no surprise.

On the contrary - quite a surprise - as I bought Carrara 8.0 Pro just last Wednesday - and the Serial Number was in my account information when I looked for it 1/2 hour later.

It was not e-mailed to me 1 or 2 days later as the Carrara 8.0 Pro description text erroneously stated.

What "ain't no surprise" is that my credit card has already been charged - no delays there.

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    WE have flagged this up

Thanks chohole

• studiohstudioh Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Same problem. No Serial #.

Also, (on Mac) Selecting Help>Carrera Help.
    It loads the Carrera 7 help file that was last updated in 2008. Am I the only one this is happening to?

-R

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I apologize for the inconvenience. Everyone who has purchased Carrara 8.5 pro or standard should now have a serial code in their account. Please check your account. If you don't have a serial code PM me your order number and I will take care of it.

• OrcaSoulOrcaSoul Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

If I purchase this upgrade, will I be able to copy the serial # from the web page and paste it in the registration dialog? The last time I purchased an upgrade (Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade) the dialog would not accept a paste, and when I typed the SN in, it told me it was invalid.

I tried t get some help from DAZ, but they told me I had the "beta" - I paid $139.97 for the upgrade, NOT a beta! When I tried to explain this to them, they marked the issue as "fixed"...and have not responded since.

Why should I now spend more money for an upgrade to a program I paid for but have not been able to use?

Post edited by OrcaSoul on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

that's what I do.. Ctrl - C then Ctrl - V

works every time for me.

edited December 1969

OrcaSoul said:
    If I purchase this upgrade, will I be able to copy the serial # from the web page and paste it in the registration dialog? The last time I purchased an upgrade (Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade) the dialog would not accept a paste, and when I typed the SN in, it told me it was invalid.

I tried t get some help from DAZ, but they told me I had the "beta" - I paid $139.97 for the upgrade, NOT a beta! When I tried to explain this to them, they marked the issue as "fixed"...and have not responded since.

Why should I now spend more money for an upgrade to a program I paid for but have not been able to use?

Orca Soul, you purchased Carrara 8 Upgrade, not Carrara 8.5. Carrara 8.5 is not a free upgrade from Carrara 8. Having said that, you can copy and paste the serial code for Carrara 8.5 (if you purchase it).

If you did purchase Carrara 8.5 PM me your order number.

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    OrcaSoul said:

Orca Soul, you purchased Carrara 8 Upgrade, not Carrara 8.5. Carrara 8.5 is not a free upgrade from Carrara 8. Having said that, you can copy and paste the serial code for Carrara 8.5 (if you purchase it).

I never said that I had purchased Carrara 8.5.

Yes, I purchased Carrara 8, then Carrara 8 PRO (64bit), and then Carrara 8 PRO upgrade. And then I downloaded the Carrara 8.5 Beta.

When I go to Order: #6003315 – 30 May, 2010 - the ONLY order that links to ALL of the 4 versions, I see only the one download, Carrara 8.1.1.12.

I removed ALL Carrara versions, rebooted and then downloaded and install that file . When I load 8.1.1.12 I now get the Carrara 8 TRIAL version! I am not even ASKED for a serial number!

It looks like the 8.5 Beta wiped out the earlier versions so that I can't even go back to them!

I then went back to the Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade page from Product Library and clicked on the Download & Install button, to see if the Install Manager would solve this - it flashes a list of all the files, then goes blank. Apparently it doesn't think that I have ANY files to download and install...

edited December 1969

OrcaSoul said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    OrcaSoul said:

I never said that I had purchased Carrara 8.5.

Yes, I purchased Carrara 8, then Carrara 8 PRO (64bit), and then Carrara 8 PRO upgrade. And then I downloaded the Carrara 8.5 Beta.

When I go to Order: #6003315 – 30 May, 2010 - the ONLY order that links to ALL of the 4 versions, I see only the one download, Carrara 8.1.1.12.

I removed ALL Carrara versions, rebooted and then downloaded and install that file . When I load 8.1.1.12 I now get the Carrara 8 TRIAL version! I am not even ASKED for a serial number!

It looks like the 8.5 Beta wiped out the earlier versions so that I can't even go back to them!

I then went back to the Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade page from Product Library and clicked on the Download & Install button, to see if the Install Manager would solve this - it flashes a list of all the files, then goes blank. Apparently it doesn't think that I have ANY files to download and install...

Carrara 8.1 isn't install manager ready, meaning it has to be installed with a Bitrock Installer. If Carrara 8.1 is running and it says "trial version" you remedy the situation fairly easily. All you have to do is launch the application. In the top left hand corner of the interface there is a stylized triangle. Click on that and choose "Register Carrara" Enter your 8.1 serial code (or 8.0 serial code), and you will be good to go.

If you are on MAC OSX 10.7 or higher you might run into problems.

edited December 1969

OK, I used the triangle, that worked.

Thanks.

It's a bit problematic when one has to do all this roundabout just to make something work.

Anyway, I'll look at the new one and decide if it's what I need right now...

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Bought 8.5 Pro this morning - no serial number in email or in my account information.

(And C8.0 Pro S/N fails as invalid.)

Same to me, how come?

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    OrcaSoul said:

Hi, this is Leo Chen.

I bought the Carrara 8.5 and ....

edited December 1969

KennyLee said:
    Ain't no surprise.

Is this the answer?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

6:45am in Daz land, they are prob just having breakfast, try contacting support https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new too rather than the forum
    most posters here are just users who can help only with software use questions

edited November 2013

6:45am in Daz land, they are prob just having breakfast, try contacting support https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new too rather than the forum
    most posters here are just users who can help only with software use questions

Thank you.

I had sent my question and got a reply which tell me to check out the HELPDESK!

Since I had check the HELPDESK last Saturday all day long and found no answer,
    so the reply does not help at all.

Post edited by Leo Chen on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Help desk is 5 days a week, office hours, normally, and DAZ 3D is in the UTC-7 time zone.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Help desk is 5 days a week, office hours, normally, and DAZ 3D is in the UTC-7 time zone.

Thank you and David [from DAZ 3D]

David just gave me a Serial number for Carrara and it WORKs.

BTW, why buyers can not find their serial number in their account.

edited November 2013

Sorry, there is "Serial Number" TAB in "My Account" that can be used to show all serial number of the software bought.

Post edited by Leo Chen on