Adding mouth and eyes to arbitrary object

I'd like to turn some DAZ objects into talking characters, in which I could use Mimic Pro or the Carrara version of Mimic, to animate speech.

Object could be a slice of tomato or an apple or some other arbitrary DAZ prop or figure.

Any suggestions on how I might approach this either in DAZ Studio or Carrara 8.5 Pro? 

One thought was to parent a genesis or M4/V4 character to the object; hide all body parts except eyes and lips (or set shaders to 0% alpha as necessary)

Also possible this is something I'd be better off pursuing in Crazy Talk or Character Animator by Reallusion or even Adobe's newish Character Animator?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• crazytalk was my first thought

otherwise emotiguy serves me well with a bit of vertex room fiddling and shading

• Thanks Wendy - Emotiguy was one of my first thoughts as well - maybe I'll pursue that a bit further.  have used CrazyTalk on occasion but would like to easily integrate this with some ofhter 3d props.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

you could animate m4 etc make an avi and then use the avi in the texture map for the object

• Thanks Head Wax - will give that a try too