OKAY here we go!

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Well I finally got C8.5 Pro Installed on may mac 10.8.4 I THINK!

I had to downloaded the installer program thingy and downloaded the program the render nod and NATIVE CONTENT!

My native CONTENT is not showing up. No shaders etc!

Whats wrong?

Also do I need to UNISTALL the BETA VERSION of Carrara 8.5 pro?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,042
    edited December 1969

grab the C8.1 native content and install it to C8.5's folder perhaps
    on Mac I am not sure how, in Windows I can merge folders which you cannot, I think you need to transfer the files

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I read a C8.5 bug thread and that appears to be a mistake that is probably corrected now. Check your downloads again.

Another reason I'm not an early adopter (usually). Wait for all the crap to hit the fan and duck until it's dried up and blown away!

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited August 2013

Well I finally got C8.5 Pro Installed on may mac 10.8.4 I THINK!

I had to downloaded the installer program thingy and downloaded the program the render nod and NATIVE CONTENT!

My native CONTENT is not showing up. No shaders etc!

Whats wrong?

Also do I need to UNISTALL the BETA VERSION of Carrara 8.5 pro?

The native content installer for 8.5 only contains Read Me files and presets for Skin shaders. (I'm not sure if this was intentional or an oversight on the part of Daz.) When downloaded it puts a folder in your DOWNLOADS folder (unless you changed where your downloads go).

You need to put them in their proper place within the Carrara directory structure manually. The same goes for the rest of the content (shaders, scenes, etc..). Just grab those from one of the other versions of CP that you still have on your Mac (or download the version 8 native content from the product library) and drag them over. ( I would suggest holding OPTION if dragging to make a copy).

If you are unfamiliar with how to do this:

- Go to your "Applications" folder

- Find the "DAZ 3D" folder and open it

- Open the Carrara8.5 64-bit folder

- RIGHT click or CONTROL click on the Carrara application icon

- A menu will pop up. Choose "Show Package Contents"

- Open the "Contents" folder

- Open the "MacOS" folder

You will have to do this for both 8.5 and the other version. 8.5 is going to be missing two folders: "Presets" and "Scenes".

Grab those two folders from the other version of Carrara that you have installed and drag them into the "MacOS" folder for version 8.5.

Launch 8.5 and all the content will be where it should be.

Post edited by TGS808 on
    edited August 2013

I read a C8.5 bug thread and that appears to be a mistake that is probably corrected now. Check your downloads again.

As of 7:00 PM eastern time it was not corrected.

Post edited by TGS808 on
    edited December 1969

As of 7:00 PM easter time it was not corrected.

Well that explains it! It's August, not Easter time! ;-)

P.S. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

edited December 1969

As of 7:00 PM easter time it was not corrected.

Well that explains it! It's August, not Easter time! ;-)

P.S. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Do'h! Updated to eastern. ;)

edited August 2013

on Mac I am not sure how, in Windows I can merge folders which you cannot, I think you need to transfer the files

I just provided a walk through of how to do this on the Mac.

If you know how to do it on Windows, perhaps you can explain it to DabblingDan.

Go here to see his question:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27881/

Post edited by TGS808 on
    edited August 2013

If you know how to do it on Windows, perhaps you can explain it to this guy:

Won't help for a couple of reasons One of them is he's on a Mac (so am I). I would explain the other reason, but I could violate the TOS in doing so. :lol:

Edit: Oops, when you said this guy, I thought you meant Rich!

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

If you know how to do it on Windows, perhaps you can explain it to this guy:

Won't help for a couple of reasons One of them is he's on a Mac (so am I). I would explain the other reason, but I could violate the TOS in doing so. :lol:

Edit: Oops, when you said this guy, I thought you meant Rich!

I updated it to make it a bit clearer.

• edited December 1969

Gigashadow thats worked at least I gor my Shaders and abject going.

Questions...

1) I have both C8.1. C8.5 pro beta AND now C8.5.. I want to keep 8.1 as back up But should I or can I DELETE/UNINSTALL C8.5 pro BETA.

2) I have a lot of Plugins Like ANything goo, anything glows, and more of the Digital Carvers guides Installed over in C8.5 Beta. When I went to look at my new C8.5 in the extensions it has Anything Glows in the extension BUT the rest are missing which I find interesting

I was thing of just trashing new C8.5 pros Entire Extension folder then Coping C8/5 Extevtion folder over into my new C8.5 pro APPWhat is your advice

PLEASE ADVISE

edited December 1969

Gigashadow thats worked at least I gor my Shaders and abject going.

Questions...

1) I have both C8.1. C8.5 pro beta AND now C8.5.. I want to keep 8.1 as back up But should I or can I DELETE/UNINSTALL C8.5 pro BETA.

2) I have a lot of Plugins Like ANything goo, anything glows, and more of the Digital Carvers guides Installed over in C8.5 Beta. When I went to look at my new C8.5 in the extensions it has Anything Glows in the extension BUT the rest are missing which I find interesting

I was thing of just trashing new C8.5 pros Entire Extension folder then Coping C8/5 Extevtion folder over into my new C8.5 pro APPWhat is your advice

PLEASE ADVISE

1) I'm keeping my copy of 8.1 on my Mac for now too. Now that you have the final 8.5 on your Mac you should be safe deleting the Beta. ( I don't have the Beta on my Mac. I deleted it weeks ago)

2) Regarding the plug-ins. If it were me I would try reinstalling them from scratch. This assumes you still have all of the installers. (I have a habit of saving them). If not, they are probably still available from DCG. As far as dragging them over from the Beta, as long as you know exactly where to put them it may work. I can't say for sure as I don't know if the install of those plug-ins places items in more than one directory. If it does, and you overlook something it's not going to work. The upside is it won't damage anything, so it's worth a try. It may work as easily as dragging over the content.

Concerning Anything Glows, I just checked and it's in my Extensions folder too. Thing is, I didnt't buy Anything Glows so it clearly installs as part of 8.5. That is why it's there and the rest of your plug-ins aren't.