Poser Pro Fitting Room question

DrNewcensteinDrNewcenstein Posts: 816
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I'm looking into finally upgrading from P7 to P-Pro 2014, mainly for the Fitting Room.

However, will this work with all Poser/Daz figures and clothing or only the Genesis and 3+ stuff?

Comments

• DrNewcensteinDrNewcenstein Posts: 816
    edited December 1969

The reason I ask is that the S-M site doesn't specify, and the example image shows no material/mesh divisions as with older (pre-Genesis/Unimesh figures), though I do realize this could be because the clothing item was imported as opposed to loaded from the library.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,542
    edited December 1969

Runtimedna has quite a few threads about 2014 and the Fitting Room.

edited December 1969

Thanks.

Hafta go through the video tutes at SM when I get a day off.

Some good info on RDNA as well, but reading some of those threads is killing me. I know English isn't everyone's native tongue, but my teeth itch from reading some of those posts. I'll hafta take a pill before going back there.

But, from what I was able to decipher, it is best to import the mesh rather than loading from the library. Still got the Grouping issue to deal with, though. Poser's Grouping Tool was always bothersome for me, and I'd always wished they could do an undivided/un-sectioned mesh that still followed a skeletal structure, or at least had a function to export/copy a given mesh's grouping and apply it to another figure (i.e. save a character-figure's shoulders+arms+chest+collars+neck+abs+hip mesh divisions and apply them to a shirt that covered those areas), much like how exporting then importing UVs could remap one figure the same as another.

To me, that would have made it so much easier.

While we're here, Poser 7's advanced material room has always been an annoyance when it came to using modded textures that did not have a PZ2 association. I know you could simply copy an existing PZ2 and replace the texture pointers to the name of whatever your modded texture was, but did they ever implement a function where you could select all the Body areas at once as a target for a body texture? Having to select each part (hand, forearm, shoulder, etc) was just as tedious as manually editing the PZ2, even with Search and Replace.

I better go before I write a book on Things I Loathe About Poser :lol:

Thanks again.

edited December 1969

Ok, took the plunge and got PP2014. The Fitting Room is great! Loaded up Aiko 3, then added a V3 outfit, took it into the FR, positioned/scaled it close enough, then let it run. It got close enough with the default settings, but a tweak here-n-there to the parameters made it near-perfect.

Only issue I've run into was with mesh separation, specifically where the original mesh was made of multiple pieces, but I should be able to figure that out - either by direct manipulation or editing the mesh elsewhere.

Still haven't gone through any tutorials, though. May give them a squint this weekend.

It really works great for clothes made for the figure in question (i.e. Aiko 3 clothes on A3) - really brings them in for a better fit, especially with the morphing fantasy wrap - I imagine this to be a thin fabric that would lay on top of the figure's features, not a cleave-jammer that pulls at the neck and bows up as default.

I even tried old P4 and V1 clothes with A3 - those will take some work, but my functional library just exploded exponentially.

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

As i understand it, all meshes are not created equal. Some meshes are of better quality than others and work rather well in the "Fitting Room and some... just fall apart.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

As i understand it, all meshes are not created equal. Some meshes are of better quality than others and work rather well in the "Fitting Room and some... just fall apart.

^This.

Anything that originally had skirt handles I tend to avoid using in the fitting room. I have nothing but bad luck with them.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

^This.

Anything that originally had skirt handles I tend to avoid using in the fitting room. I have nothing but bad luck with them.

Skirt handles seem to be a known problem
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?80117-Body-handles-and-the-fitting-room

edited December 1969

Yea, it drives me bonkers. I wonder what that fix is that Vilters said was "in the pipeline".

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

As I didn't try the fitting room up to now, I didn't dare to write to that thread - but as you are affected by the bug, maybe you could nudge the thread? I think (not sure) that Vilters is one of their betatesters and may have a bit more information ...

edited September 2013

I may poke the thread once I get some more time with the fitting room. Right now the easiest time I have in there is if I have magnets to sort of pre-nudge the clothing to the shape (ie Lyrra's magnets for Dawn). I'm by far nowhere near proficient in using the weights and dials in that fitting room. I seem to do ok if the entire thing is supposed to hug the figure, like jeans and tops. Anything like skirts is where I fail due to the tightening aspect. Once I rule out that I'm just not utter garbage with the fitting room, I'll add my .02 to the threads re the skirt handles.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on