Keyboard shortcuts - where are you?

PennamePenname Posts: 343
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am so in the habit of using the delete key on my computer to remove items from the scene list, and CTRL-Z when I realize I've just done something I shouldn't do, like accidentally rotate something . . . Suddenly I have to right click and "remove item from scene" or Edit/undo. Did I accidentally change a setting or has there been a secret update that has removed these functions? I was hoping that after a night's rest, everything would magically be ok but alas, it was not to be.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2013

Is this DAZ Studio, and if so, are you using the new Beta? If not, when did it stop working?

You can set shortcuts in Edit > Customize (F3)

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

It stopped working a couple of days ago. I am not using the new beta version; I am using the latest 4.6 version of DS.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Penname said:
    It stopped working a couple of days ago. I am not using the new beta version; I am using the latest 4.6 version of DS.

If you're using a custom workspace make sure you save it (Window->Workspace->Save Layout As) then try doing a Window->Workspace->Select Workspace and selecting something different. Then try going back to your custom or your preferred if you didn't have a custom.

I've noticed that sometimes the system seems to lose things and bouncing the layout seems to fix it.

If someone knows of an easier/faster way to do this I'd be interested in knowing it.

edited December 1969

Appreciate the ideas; I don't use a custom layout really but I'll switch things around and see what happens. What's a little more frustration? :)

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Penname said:
    Appreciate the ideas; I don't use a custom layout really but I'll switch things around and see what happens. What's a little more frustration? :)

If you don't use a custom layout just switch to one of the other built in layouts and then switch back and see if that fixes it.

edited December 1969

That worked. Thank you!!!